cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HGrah
Beginner

Does NUC7i5DNHE eDP support Dual Mode?

Jump to solution

I need to use the eDP (embedded display port connector) as HDMI instead of Display Port. The NUC7i5DNHE specification does not indicate if Dual Mode is supported or not. It will greatly simplify the task if Dual Mode is supported. Can you please clarify this?

Regards,

Harry

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello laquebrada,

The eDP port does not support Dual Mode.

Regards,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello laquebrada

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to inquire deeper in to your request.

Please let us know, are you referring to any sort of adapter from eDP to HDMI?

Or maybe to set up dual monitors one through HDMI and another through eDP?

Can you please provide us with a longer/more detailed description of your inquiry?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards.

Diego S.

HGrah
Beginner

Thank you for your response.

We are developing hardware using the NUC7i5DNHE, and would like to use the eDP as another HDMI video source. If the eDP supports Dual Mode, then it is possible to directly connect the eDP to an HDMI monitor, with the proper cabling (essentially a passive adapter). We plan to create such a cable as part of our overall solution. But before we do that, we would like to know if Dual Mode is supported.

Regards,

Harry

idata
Community Manager

Hello laquebrada,

Thank you for your response

I am escalating your case right now since the information is not handy, it will be reviewed in order to either get the information or to redirect you through the right path of support.

This will cause a brief delay in our answers, however I will contact you as soon as we have news.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

Ronny_G_Intel

Hello laquebrada,

The eDP port does not support Dual Mode.

Regards,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

HGrah
Beginner

Thanks for your quick response. I am a bit concerned about this answer. It would seem to contradict the response to a similar question in this forum:

Maybe I am taking this response out of context. But it states that passive connection of eDP to HDMI is possible. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Harry

idata
Community Manager

Hello laquebrada

Thank you for your response.

In this case, the other thread makes reference to concept of using eDP with an adapter.

You can use an active-passive adapter (not recommended) if you are connecting through an external port such DisplayPort to HDMI

I regret to inform you that your type of modification is not supported on the Intel® NUC.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.