Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11884 Discussions

Does anyone actually use the mounting plate they give you with a NUC?

ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

I bet few people do - it seems to me it's a lot of metal just being wasted.  If they wanted to give you something useful, they should throw a little screw driver in the box!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
lEdge
New Contributor II

I actually prefer that. A TV mount alone is 70 dollars. And it's like a kit requirement. I heard a lot of monitors have space for the mount. It's a good question. I forgot to check if I can just leave the mount on the TV in the living room. Don't even remember what order the screws attach first.

Schools and libraries do. I only even seen a single HPC in a library, that was network nas for credentials. And there was a special mechanic that had to drill out the screw sections for theft protection.

ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Probably why there's a limitation on exporting NUCs ... terrorists might use the heavy metal mounting plates for armor!

lEdge
New Contributor II
Not sure what you mean.
I'm just talking about drilling out screw head dimples. So that no visitors can unscrew the bolts again. It's a very common practice.
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Sorry, I was just making a joke ... I forgot everyone is so serious about computers on here!  I'm more used to posting on places like the Yahoo Message Board!

lEdge
New Contributor II
I'm not too kind.
To be honest the message board staff is a little jumpy.
And honestly if you want an option. Real gafoons fight barebacked. Why weight down on your self in a fight.
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

There's so much associated with computer sales that causes waste.  If you buy a Dell computer, etc., they almost always give you a mouse and keyboard you don't need.  That's one reason I wanted to buy a NUC.  But now I've got a metal plate I don't need ... they should sell it separately to the few people that might want it! 

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have literally dozens of useless screwdrivers that came with various hardware devices AND PACKAGES. I certainly don't need any more of them!

...s

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Sadly, I probably have enough VESA plates sitting here to make a flak jacket...

...S