Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12506 Discussions

Does intel intend to update the intel nuc LAPBC710 bios to turn off the keyboard backlight timer?

RodrigoJr
Novice
I bought a version of the intel NUC LAPBC710 and the short keyboard backlight time bothers me a lot. Does intel intend to do a BIOS update to solve this simple problem?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @RodrigoJr

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further and provide you with the most accurate information, could you please confirm the following details?

1- Just to make sure, are you referring to the Intel® NUC M15 Laptop Kit - LAPBC710?

2- How much time does it take for the backlight to turn off? We mean, what is the timer that is triggering "the keyboard backlight to switch off"? This is to confirm the current timer is normal as per current specifications and that we are on the same page.

3- BIOS version:

4- Operating System version and build number:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

RodrigoJr
Novice

Hi, Andrew.

1. I'm not entirely sure if my notebook is a LAPBC710. My laptop is a Avell B.on sold by the Brazilian company avell. It's the same XPG Xe laptop and Schenker Vision 15. In my research I've come to the conclusion that it's a LAPBC710.
  2. Keyboard light turns off after 5 seconds exactly.
  3. I updated the bios to version 0071 using the BC0071.CAP file that I downloaded on this page.
  4. I'm using windows 10 21H2

I looked in the bios settings for a way to disable this team and I didn't find it.

I really hope I can work this out as not being able to use continuous light while working at night is really hard.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

AndrewG_Intel

Hello RodrigoJr

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello RodrigoJr

Thank you for your response.

Since you mentioned that you are not entirely sure if the notebook is a LAPBC710 and you have just come to that conclusion, could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and provide us with the txt report? This is to make sure we have the correct information about the system.

This report will gather more details about the computer and allow us to confirm the system/SKU model and other information. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

RodrigoJr
Novice

Hi, Andrew.

Follow the information file as requested.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

AndrewG_Intel

Hello RodrigoJr

Thank you for your response and for the Intel® SSU report. Please allow us to review this and we will be posting back as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi Rodrigo

Do you have Intel® NUC Software Studio Service running in your system?

I would recommend that you intall this application, you can search the Microsoft* Store or use the direct link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/intel-nuc-software-studio/9nt0zdv64htc#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Run the application, customize the keyboard layout and please let us know if you still have issues with the backlight.

Regards,

Ronny G

RodrigoJr
Novice

Hello Ronny

I have this software installed. However, there is no option to customize keyboard lights.

Here's a print of how the software appears on my computer.

Regards,

Rodrigo

AndrewG_Intel

Hello RodrigoJr

Thank you for your response. Just to make sure, after installing the Intel® NUC Software Studio Service, does it still take 5 seconds for the keyboard light to turn off.

In a previous post, you said that "Keyboard light turns off after 5 seconds exactly". Are the behavior and the default timer the same after installing the software? (I'm aware you said you didn't find an option to customize keyboard lights, I just want to check if just installing the software makes a difference in the behavior...)

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello RodrigoJr

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post.

Also, for clarification purposes, we would like to inform you that the Intel® NUC Software Studio Service indeed does not have options to customize keyboard lights. However, the recommendation of installing the software is because it is required for some features to work properly (just by having the software installed).

Just to make sure, did you have the Intel® NUC Software Studio Service installed from the beginning of the moment when you started noticing this behavior with keyboard lights?

Or did you try to install or reinstall the software after the suggestion provided by Ronny? If yes, does it still take 5 seconds for the keyboard light to turn off?

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back and please confirm the version of the Intel® NUC Software Studio Service running on the system.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello RodrigoJr

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.