Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADale2
Beginner

Driver Support Assistant (DSA) Errors on new NUC

I just got a NUC Hades Canyon (business edition full system build). DSA ran one time fine out of the box. However after reboot for the last month it hasn't been working. Just get an "Oops" error. Checking the logs, I am on the newewst version: 3.7.08. But an error is thrown:

1/9/2019 10:43:24 AM Error DSARestService.RestHttpListener ProcessRequest () 6 Dispatch failed: 500 Dispatch.V1Dispatch: detect/getproductsanddownloads failed: System.IO.IOException: Access to the cloud file is denied.||||  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)||  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)||  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)||  at DSADownloadCenter.DownloadCenterRecordController.CalculateFileHash(String fileToHashFullPath)||  at DSACore.DownloadFlowController.IsUpdateAlreadyDownloaded(AvailableUpdate update, String downloadDirectory)||  at DSACore.DetectionFlowController.CheckUpdatesDownloadStatus(List`1 availableUpdates, String downloadDirectory)||  at DSARestService.Detect.GetProductsAndDownloads(UserLanguage userLanguage, Session session)||  at DSARestService.Dispatcher.V1Dispatch(ApiMethod method)

1/9/2019 10:43:24 AM Information DSARestService.RestHttpListener SendResponse () Sent 500 Internal server error Internal server error response

I've cleared my cache... uninstalled, rebooted then re-installed, rebooted... tried firefox and chrome both, including a fresh install of the former. Nothing seems to solve it. Logs attached from DSA and from SSU.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DPers1
New Contributor III

I use Browser VPN(Firefox) and if I have VPN enabled DA Fails exactly like that. I have not tried system wide VPN.

ADale2
Beginner

Thanks for tip, but doesn't seem germane. I have no browser VPN and tried multiple broswers. Result seems to be in the internal REST web server that returns results to the page (why so complex a setup is beyond me). I have system wide VPNs too (multiple: L2TP via Windows, OpenVPN client), but this happens when none are connected, and when all clients are exited.

I also tried to upgrade from 1803 to 1809 to see if it was not being on the latest windows version which caused the problem. No go: same exact issue now on 1809.

Anyone else having the same issue? Anyone from Intel DSA team on these forums?

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ADale2, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. How was the tool uninstalled? (e.g. Windows* Programs and Features, Uninstaller tool?) Try uninstalling the existing IDSA tool in the system with the Uninstaller tool. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t Then, download and install the latest IDSA version. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?v=t Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ADale2, Were you able to use the Intel® DSA uninstaller? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ADale2, If you are still having the issues reported, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
ADale2
Beginner

Thanks for the replies. The notifications had been going to my Spam. I had originally uninstalled using Windows Add/Remove Programs at all times. I have since now:

1) Run the uninstaller you provided on my system with it already removed. Installed. Same error.

2) Ran the uninstaller again, now that the app is installed (and not working). Re-installed. Same error.

Do I need to reboot between uninstall and install? Any logs I can provide to help?

ADale2
Beginner

By the way, here is the uninstaller log. Looks clean, but maybe helpful??

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ADale2, You may reboot your system after running the uninstaller. Thank you for attaching the uninstaller log. Please attach the following information, too. The latest Intel® DSA Log files: using File Explorer, go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder. Note: you may need to uncheck Hide System files to see the AppData folder. Show hidden files https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
ADale2
Beginner

Uninstalled, rebooted. Installed. Ran. Same error.

Full directory ZIP is attached...

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ADale2, Thank you for attaching the information requested. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Version: 19.1.4.4 was released recently. Could you please try running this version? 1. Run the Intel® DSA Uninstaller https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t 2. Restart and run the latest Intel® DSA tool version. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?v=t 3. If the problem persists, try using other browsers. Then, attach the logs requested previously. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
ADale2
Beginner

Unfortunately, tried the new version and same exact problem. Logs attached.

Tried in Chrome, Firefox, Edge... Same issue everywhere.

The error, if you look at the logs, is your internal web server component throwing a 500 error. I don't think my browser has anything to do with it and instead its something in your internals. Shame I am stuck with this issue after plunking down a lot of money for a brand new system fully built by intel with software pre-installed. My last one, which was done from a kit for half the price, mix and match parts, and my own system builder windows install worked just fine...

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ADale2, Were you able to run the latest Intel® DSA version available? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ADale2, Thank you for attaching the log files. We will get back to you as soon as we have more information about this issue on your unit. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ADale2, We found for the 'Access to the cloud file is denied' error that the download folder is set to a OneDrive directory: C:\Users\[name]\OneDrive\Downloads\Intel Driver and Support Assistant Through the IDSA tray icon > Settings, please update the download directory to be a a local folder. Please let us know if the issue persists. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello ADale2, Were you able to follow the steps provided to fix the issue reported on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation