cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSinc2
Beginner

Driver & Support Assistant, Oops, something went wrong

Jump to solution

I have an NUC7i5BNHX1. There are several Intel driver updates pending but the Driver & Support Assistant always fails because it needs Edge 44. I have Edge 42 on Windows 10 version 1803. So I try and upgrade my Windows 10 installation to 1903 and that fails too. Windows Update says "We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it." I don't know if I'm caught in a Catch-22 – my NUC won't update because of an old version of Windows 10 and my Windows 10 won't update because my Intel drivers are old. Either way, is there a way I can update to the latest Intel NUC drivers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Look in folder windows/system32/drivers for iastora.sys and rename it to iastora.old. If you don't see iastora.sys, continue directly to para.2.
  2. Click on this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445 . The Update Assistant can help you update to the latest version of Windows 10.

Leon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Do you have Intel RST Driver installed?
  2. Your storage is working in RAID configuration?
  3. You may set Chrome as default browser and use the Intel DSA on Chrome.

Leon

CSinc2
Beginner

​Many thanks for your suggestions. I don't have the Intel RST driver installed and I'm not using RAID. Yes I know I could install Chrome, but it seems a bit excessive at this stage.

LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Look in folder windows/system32/drivers for iastora.sys and rename it to iastora.old. If you don't see iastora.sys, continue directly to para.2.
  2. Click on this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445 . The Update Assistant can help you update to the latest version of Windows 10.

Leon

View solution in original post

CSinc2
Beginner

That worked a treat! Many thanks for your time and expertise 🙂