Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Driver issues for NUC6I5SYK

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have bought an unit NUC6I5SYK, and installed all the corresponding drivers properly in Windows 10 (version 1511, OS build 10586.420) from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89188 Drivers & Software,

After that, I still found there are some issues from the device manager as below.

Environment with latest BIOS 0044:

Intel NUC Kit NUC6i5SYK BOXNUC6I5SYK Silver/Black

Corsair 16GB Module DDR4 Unbuffered Memory Kit

Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 NGFF PCIe Gen3 8Gb/s x4 Solid state drive SSD (2280), NVME ( MZVPV128HDGM-00000)

Any advise for that? I have no idea what the yellow icon means.

Thanks,

John

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

If you mean the display adapter icon with the little yellow thingy (i believe it supposed to represent an adapter) below it, that's perfectly normal.

You should worry when it's a small yellow exclamation mark.

Here's a screen of my device manager to reassure you.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

If you mean the display adapter icon with the little yellow thingy (i believe it supposed to represent an adapter) below it, that's perfectly normal.

You should worry when it's a small yellow exclamation mark.

Here's a screen of my device manager to reassure you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I would add two things.

First of all, the little yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in it is *very* obvious.

Secondly, when you start up the Device Manager applet, only those sections that contain devices that have a problem (cannot load driver, have driver error, have no driver or have been disabled) will be expanded. If, when you open the applet, no sections are expanded, then you have no devices you have to worry about...

...S

Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

true, but neither nucintel nor me have little yellow triangles, and expanded the said sections manually to show it's not the yellow triangle but rather an little adapter symbol that is seen under the display adapter, the storage adapter and some other controllers.

nucintel's NUC's device manager looks perefectly fine to me. no driver issues at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yep, I agree; no issues at all. No triangle? I guess this is a difference between Windows 10 and Windows 7...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi hegenious and N.Scott.Pearson,

Yes, both of you are right. drivers are perfectly installed without any conflict inside, I posted just because not sure what the yellow thingy represents.

But I have another question. The wireless mouse of Logitech MK260 for USB 3.0 will not run smoothly occasionally, do you guys have some problem with the other wireless mouse?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted

USB 3.0 uses the same frequency range as 2.4 GHz WiFi. This can cause interference issues both ways. I avoid the problems by using Wireless-AC and the 5.0 GHz bandwidth...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I had this problem with two different usb mice. I switched to a bluetooth mouse and all has been fine since. No lags or jerky motion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Oh, this is the reason why there is lags. Thank you so much for the help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi nucintel,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad your system is working properly.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos