I need help because this driver pops up always on my window 11
I download and install it so many times same driver !
But still popping up.
Here is the driver's name:
Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 11* and Windows® 10 64-bit for NUC10i7FN, NUC10i5FN, NUC10i3FN
What shall I do to stop it from popping up?
Thank you for answering
1. Where you see this driver popping up - in Intel Driver & Support Assistant?
2. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.
The driver is popping up every few times when I am logging in / Then I see it also as a driver as not installed, so I do all that is needed to download again and install and restart the desktop.
I am adding the ssu:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home(10.0.22000 Build 22000)
Physical Memory (Installed): 16 GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz
System Type: x64-based PC
Total Installed Updates: 19 Updates - See Detailed View for more information
Display Adapter(s): Intel(R) UHD Graphics 220.127.116.110
System Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
System Model: NUC10i7FNB
Network Adapter(s): Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (10) I219-V 18.104.22.168
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz 22.214.171.124
Disk(s): SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB 353.51 GB (available) 10.0.22000.1
WD Elements 1048 USB Device 795.13 GB (available) 10.0.22000.1
1. Well, you didn't attached the SSU report, rather some partial extract from it.
2. Did you downloaded and installed the Intel® Chipset Device Software? If not yet, please do it and reboot your NUC.
3. Did you downloaded and installed the Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver ? Can you see it in Windows Setting Apps and Features?