Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADong3
Beginner

​Dual channel ddr4 on nuc7pjyh runs very slow

​I use two ADATA ddr4 memories, which has been validated by Intel from Intel® Product Compatibility Tool to compose the dual channel memory. However, when I used aida4 to test the memory speed, it showed the speed is very slow (see the attached picture). You can see the read speed, write speed and copy speed is only 14492MB/s, 10653MB/s and 16312MB/s. In normal, the speed of dual channel ddr4 should reach at least 30000MB/s. Therefore, I want to know what's wrong with my nuc and how to resolve the problem.

IMG_20181218_221400.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeterNUC
New Contributor I

Hi ADong3,

Welcome to the club.

This topic has already been discussed in at least 4 threads. Unfortunately, quite recently Intel completely changed this forum and made finding info much harder. Basically, Intel says that dual channel works since with one stick the speed is even slower.

Best, Peter

ADong3
Beginner

​Hello, thanks for your respond. Do you have a nuc7pjyh? If you have one, can you please tell me the memory speed of your nuc?

Best, Anwei Dong

PeterNUC
New Contributor I

Anwei, sure. Here is my screenshot (speeds are qute close to yours): 

Scr_ 105.PNG

So, "Max Memory Bandwidth 38.4 GB/s" stated in specs at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits/nuc7pjyh.html is a little bit misleading (or, more precisely, a lie), in the same way as the declared support for "HDMI 2.0a".

Like I said, there were several threads with very extensive discussion and lots of testing results. However, after the "migration" the forum is completely ruined. Lots of threads/messages are gone, or, at least, there is no way to find them.

Best, Peter