cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ELegg1
Beginner

EGPU ....where connect a monitor

Hi from Italy,

some week a go i have bought a Razer Core X with GTX 1660 for incrase a graphic power of my NUC 6i7k7k ... all work fine...but i have a question:

If i connect the EGPU with a thunderbolt cable and i leave the monitor connected on the nuc, the graphic increasment work fine... in the same way if i connect a monitor at the EGPU GTX 1660.. 

Is preferible connect to EGPU or i can leave the monitor connected to my nuc?

thanks bye

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Either one. But, why waste the money on the egpu and not use it?

Doc

ELegg1
Beginner

hi,

thanks for your reply.

i think that i'm not explaned correctly...

i'm using a EGPU for gaming (whit Razer Core X and GTX 1660) and all work fine... but want understand if is best practics connect the monitor to Graphic card of EGPU or is the same of connect a Monitor to the NUC with EGPU enabled...

in short words... if i use a monitor connected on the nuc and use a the power of the EGPU ... i risk to compromise the nuc in the future? 

P.S. Sorry for my english ...i'm stay study for improve it

regards

Alberto_R_Intel

ELegg1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, the way to properly use the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK for this type of scenario will be to connect the monitor to the EGPU, and let the graphics card to take care of everything that is related the graphics functionality, this is the best way to avoid any risks for the Intel® NUC in the future.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation