Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

ESXI: Support for hardware sensors on NUC-platform

I, and many with me, use NUC's to run ESXI. Sadly, there is no support for hardware sensors (CPU/HDD-temp, fan speed and so on).

Is it possible to request from Intel to build this support for ESXI, I think it would be greatly appreciated by the community

8 Replies
Highlighted

Hello BBaba4,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

We will do further research about this request. 

Please provide the Intel® NUC model you are using.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8I7BEH2

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello BBaba4,

Thank you for your response. 

We will do further research about your request. Keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that your request will be implemented. 

We will update this thread as soon as possible. 

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Highlighted

Hello BBaba4,

Thanks for the feedback, I am bringing this recommendation up to the product team but cannot promise anything at this time. Keep in mind that ESXI is not even officially validated at this time.

Please let us know if you have any business plan or project (NUC + ESXI) related that we can use to justify this request. I would need to understand the amount of units involved.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

This would be great for the #HomeLab community.

Highlighted
Beginner

We are using 200+ NUCs in remote sensor project.

Model is NUC7I7DNH2E

Running ESXi on them with multiple Vmachines. Since they are in remote locations it will be very usefull to centraly monitor the enviroment they are running in. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

+1 for NUC10i7FNH ant others #HomeLab community models !

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

While I know that ESXI isn't officially supported, there are thousands of NUCs being used in homelabs and small scale bussiness applications with ESXI.

I myself am using a NUC8I7BEH with ESXI, as are several others in my company, to provide a customer training environment during COVID, as well as testing intergrations with other company's software.   I'm also using a NUC5PPYH with ESXI.

Considering how popular NUCs are for homelabs, etc. it would seem to be a no-brainer to support ESXI.