Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NNega
Beginner

Enabling both front and rear RCA audio jacks on NUC8i7HVK?

On my old Win10 PC I have a control panel applet "Realtek HD Audio Manager" which had the option "Make Front and Rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously." Checking it allows me to control whether sound is played through speakers (rear) or headphones (front). I used EarTrumpet to do this. This NUC comes with the new Win10 Realtek Audio Console and I can't find that option. Consequently, as soon as I plug in my headphones in the front RCA jack the sound switches to them and I can't switch it back to the speakers. How can I get this to work?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NNega,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have the following information about your system configuration:

• Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

• Please let us know the models of the audio devices you are connecting to your unit.
  • With both devices connected to the computer, go to "Sound settings", then click on "Sound Control Panel". Take a picture of the devices displayed on the "Playback" tab.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

NNega
Beginner

Attached. To be clear, both devices are analog devices connected via analog RCA cables.

NNega
Beginner

It seems I can only have one attachment per message. Here is the picture.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NNega,

Thank you for your response.

We will review the information provided and update this thread as soon as possible.

Wanner G.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NNega,

We would like to update this thread.

We installed Windows* 10 on an Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK for testing purposes. However, we were not able to find an option that could "Make Front and Rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously". This option, or a similar one, is not available in any Realtek* software either. 

This seems to be related to the devices connected to the kit, and how the operating system interacts with the audio drivers.

In this scenario, we recommend that you contact Microsoft* to obtain more information about this setting, and why it is not available in newer Windows* 10 versions.

Wanner G.