Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Error Code 35 on eGPU Nvidia M6000 using NUC6i7KYK

I am using Intel NUC6i7KYK running Windows 7. I am connecting an eGPU to the NUC. The expansion unit that we are using is the new Thunderbolt3 expansion unit (model EB3T-V3).

I attached the EB3T-V3 to NUC NUC6i7KYK

Turned ON the NUC6i7KYK computer, and EB3T-V3 unit

Windows Device Manager detected the NVIDIA Quadro M6000

Installed the latest Quadro M6000 driver

Restarted the computer

Checked Windows Device Manager and the the NVIDIA Quadro M6000 showed up with ERROR Code 35

Device Status:

Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)

I updated the NUC6i7KYK BIOS to the latest BIOS, same issue it did not fix the problem.

I need your help expert assistance on resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Ariel

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I've tried what you suggested

1. Updated the BIOS, then restarted the computer

2. Reinstalled the Intel Chipset, then restarted the computer

3. Reinstalled the Management Engine Driver, then rebooted the computer.

4. Ran the Thunderbolt3 firmware update, rebooted the computer.

5. Reinstalled NVIDIA Quadro M6000 driver, rebooted the computer after installation

6. Checked device Manager, still showing error code 35.

I will try another GPU model, this time I will try the Nvidia P5000 to see if this works.

According to NVIDIA ( which I am currently working with them on testing external GPUs) the P5000 work on MSI computer platform running Windows 10 using the same Thunderbolt3 (with B-step Thunderbolt3 card) device that we have. I will try the NVIDIA P5000 to see if works or not using the NUC6i7KYK.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

ArielAquino: Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Perfect, please try the P5000 card and once you get the chance let us know the results.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here's an update:

Per NVIDIA Software Team suggestion, installed NVIDIA 381 driver version (this is for Windows 10 64bit).

I installed the 381 version, and it fixes the problem. The Nvidia Quadro P6000 and M6000 are now working, able to display video output to external monitors via DP port and DVI port.

• It works on Cold boot>> Shutdown computer completely, then start up the computer
  • It works on Hot Plug>> Boot the computer with or w/o the Thunderbolt3 device attached, and then connect / reconnect Thunderbolt cable.
  • Does not work on warm reboot>> while the NUC6i7KYK computer is ON and the Thunderbolt3 expansion unit is attached, then you reboot or restart the computer>> this fails to initialize the eGPU resulting to error code 43. The workaround is to disconnect and reconnect thunderbolt cable.

Regards,

Ariel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

ArielAquino: Thank you very much for providing those details.

We will start an investigation on this matter in order to try to find a possible solution. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the information on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

By the way, I am using EB3T-V3 (Thunderbolt3 expansion device).

Here is the product online link of the Thunderbot3 device

http://magma.com/products/thunderbolt-expansion/expressbox-3t-v3/ http://magma.com/products/thunderbolt-expansion/expressbox-3t-v3/

Do you have any Thunderbolt3 expansion device that you can use?

Do you have an NVIDIA Quadro P6000 to use for testing?

Here is the link to Nvidia 381 version driver: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/118582/en-us NVIDIA DRIVERS Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook Driver Release 381

Thanks,

Ariel

0 Kudos