Recently, out of nowhere , my monitor started flickering while connected to the HDMI output of my laptop, so I stated trying to figure out whats going on.
Things I've tried:
- updating video drivers (Intel and Nvidia)
- deleting and reinstalling them
- plugging and unplugging AC adapter and HDMI cable
- Testing HDMI cable on other devices
Things I noticed:
- It only happens when my AC adapter is connected and charging my laptop, while it isn't charging, there is no problem
- it starts immediately after plugging the adapter
- I uninstalled my video drivers, while I didn't have the Intel drivers installed, and used the basic windows video drivers it worked fine, even while charging, the they automatically reinstalled and the problem started again
- The HDMI cable works fine while connected to other devices, also the Monitor
- This flickering only happens on my external Monitor, and it slows down while duplicating screen, and it's faster while on second screen only or while extending screen
I've had the same Monitor, HDMI cable and Laptop for 6 months and never had the problem before. What I take from my findings is, that maybe it's because of the Intel Graphics Drivers, but I hadn't updated them.
- Try to use other Power Adapter.
- Use high quality HDMI cable. For example https://www.amazon.com/SecurOMax-Ultra-Speed-Category-48Gbps/dp/B07KNRXGW4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=P4XC7W5QH...
- Also you are in wrong forum. This is forum for Intel NUC computers.