Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Fan Problems?

creats90
Beginner
There is Vibration and Noise in midrange  

NUC6i7

I have a small problems with my Nuc. Fans I thought, one of them in midrange only produce vibration and extra noice.

Not a deal breaker, but something I would prefer not to have

It sounds LIKE Squirrel's cage flutter it is really annoying after some it will start again.

If I turn it (or move upside down) the noice disappears, ironically, in normal position it is very well reproducible

I disassembled Nuc up to the fan and tighten fan's screws

But it did not help

btw on disassemble video I found in the Internet wifi card was using two connectors, mine only one

I am not an expert but I suspect it is a defective fan - when I shake the unit slightly, noise goes away momentarily - something I would expect from the defective fan. This is the worst case really  Can any one know how to fix it.

I really hate this squirrel sounds.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

You did not specified the NUC model. However, you described that you have  more than one fan. If one of the fans is suspected to making noise, disconnect its connector and check if noise disappears. If you have confirmation that it was fan that make this noise, try to clean it with compressed air and/or buy a replacement fan. Browsing in internet with the fan P/N you may find one.

Leon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

You did not specified the NUC model. However, you described that you have  more than one fan. If one of the fans is suspected to making noise, disconnect its connector and check if noise disappears. If you have confirmation that it was fan that make this noise, try to clean it with compressed air and/or buy a replacement fan. Browsing in internet with the fan P/N you may find one.

Leon

creats90
Beginner

NUC6i7KYK

something like this i will try to solve this. thanks for the advise.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You can always mount the NUC to the back of a monitor (or side/back/bottom of desk) using the VESA mounting plate.

Just saying...    ;^)

...S