Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Feature request, https boot, os agnostic firmware update tools

Tools for centrally managing an Enterprise fleet of NUC's are seriously lacking. We need an automated way to securely and silently update NUC firmware that is OS agnostic. Https pxe booting capability plus an agnostic tool would provide this capability.

Please add your comments if you support this idea.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

An "agnostic" tool?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

An OS agnostic tool. Like windows, dos, Linux and uefi. Hopefully others can infer the details of my request.​

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi ENich,

I work for Intel Customer Support and I am bringing your feedback up to the product team, we love hearing suggestions from customers and we take them very seriously but cannot promise anything at this point other than sending this for consideration.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you Ronny. I appreciate your attention to this matter. I often feel that serious matters get brushed under the table in online forums and so it is reassuring to hear that this issue will be brought to the product team for consideration. I was hoping to hear from other community members so that Intel would know how many others are interested in the further development of UEFI HTTPS boot and a Linux tool that would support silent or automated firmware updating. I apologize for the duplicity of posts but I thought this exposure would be the best way to assess if other community members are interested in similar features. Ideally, NUC owners would have Intel support for flashing TianoCore as an option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi ENich,

I will keep you updated on anything I hear about this request, I have a couple of other customers asking for the same capability and I totally understand the reason why you are requesting it. Please keep in mind that at this point I am only submitting the request, it has not been approved and even when approved this may time some time.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos