cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPers1
New Contributor III

Fix all audio/Icon issues NUC7

Mine is a NUC7i5BNHX but I have a feeling this is true for all NUC7's

IN MULTI DISPLAY SETUP THE MAIN DISPLAY HAS TO BE ATTACHED TO THE HDMI PORT.

I started out with TV attached to HDMI and my Main monitor to Thunderbolt. I had all kinds of problems.

Audio problems That were actually sorted by uninstalling RealTek audio and disable the 2381 Display audio.

Icon issues with NUC waking up after sleep or booting up with TV not on and or not set to HDMI, loosing Icons on taskbar

I did a lot of testing and posted the results in an other post.

I have now RE-installed Realtek Audio and Re-enabled 2381 Display audio (set as Default Communication Device)

In Sound settings at the bottom on the page you can assign sound to your preferred device by application(WIN 10)very nice feature. I also suggest you install EarTrumpet from Store for perfect volume control.

ICON Problems are solved by putting Main display on HDMI.

So Again:

IN MULTI DISPLAY SETUP THE MAIN DISPLAY HAS TO BE ATTACHED TO THE HDMI PORT.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DPers1
New Contributor III

So after Lunch today I decided to have a go at Enabling Fast Boot in BIOS.

BIG Mistake....

I did Fastboot with TV turned of and Everything seems OK on my monitor and boot is incredibly fast.

Turn on TV and all the problems with icons weird behavior is back

Turn off NUC do the three second thing with power button to get the recovery menu up......and it shows up on the TV? not the monitor. Anyhow selecting Bios F2 and turning off Fast Boot.

Normal boot again and everything is working fine.

So I guess it's keep main display on HDMI and don't use fast boot.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Once upon a time, the Fast Boot feature made a *significant* difference in boot time. With some of the optimizations done to the BIOS core over the past few years, however, the boot time advantage is much, much smaller. Don't waste your time (and suffer this aggravation) trying to use this feature.

...S

DPers1
New Contributor III

Scott,

I figured that out pretty quickly.......

The reason I tried it was that I have one Issue left in my setup and that's that I have a small USB Soundbar as my main speaker(sits under my monitor). The issue with that soundbar is that it does not work after the computer

Wakes up from sleep, I have to unplug and re-plug the thing to activate it. On the other hand it always work on normal boot. Have not figured out how to fix this issue I had the same problem when it was attached to my old

PC so maybe it's an issue with the soundbar.

So it was part testing and part curiosity.