Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12512 Discussions

Foam from top of chassis now on Mainboard Side

Leo25
Beginner
Hi

I‘m worried at the time. I have an Intel Nuc NUC6i5SYB. I cleaned the cassis and removed the mainboard from above and so i removed the top and after the bottom.
I have such a component which was maybe attached to the top with adhesive foam. This adhevise foam is now on the mainboard. I don’t know if it was attached at the top. Now, cause i‘m working now at home, i can‘t change anything in my NUC. Is it bad if the foam is on the mainboard? Can it melt or damage the mainboard?
Thx in advance for your answers.

Best regards

Leo
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Yes, the CMOS battery is the round black component attached to the board and connected with cable.  CMOS Battery on the Intel® NUC. Depends of the supplier, the battery can be protected with other color sleeve (for example yellow). Don't worry about if some additional tape is covering/attached to the battery.

2. The image I've send was not from my NUC, rather founded on internet. Here you have an other example.

Leon

14-intel-nuc-nuc6i5syh.jpg

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Leo25
Beginner
Its the foam on the CMOS Battery
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Leo,

I don't know any foam attached to CMOS battery in NUC6i5SYH, but I can see some black peace like a foam near the power switch? See the image.

Leon

NUC6i5SYH_board.png

Leo25
Beginner
Hi Leon

Thank you very very much for your answer. I read the NUC6i5SYH is the same kit so thank you for your time to make a picture of the top. I think it will help a lot.
Now i don‘t know if its a foam. The CMOS Battery is the round component attached with a cable in the mainboard right? My CMOS-Battery has a little piece (maybe tape) of a white thing on one side. So i‘d like to ask you if your CMOS-Battery lightly attached to the mainboard. If you have this little pieace of a white „tape“ attached on the mainboard i‘m needless worried. ^^
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Yes, the CMOS battery is the round black component attached to the board and connected with cable.  CMOS Battery on the Intel® NUC. Depends of the supplier, the battery can be protected with other color sleeve (for example yellow). Don't worry about if some additional tape is covering/attached to the battery.

2. The image I've send was not from my NUC, rather founded on internet. Here you have an other example.

Leon

14-intel-nuc-nuc6i5syh.jpg

Leo25
Beginner
Hi Leon

Thank you for your superfast answer and your text.
It helps me a lot.
So if i don‘t have to be worried about the tape on the mainboard i‘m calmed down now. In the pics there is also no tape at the visible side or the top of the battery of the battery. Uff. So many thoughts about it without there being any danger. Leon you are great. Thank you.