Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

GPU Driver Error Gaming

Ok so loaded up the New Forza Horizon 4 Demo and Disaster happens I get this message

So after trying to update drivers to latest all a epic fail reglardes of the messages I was getting saying I now have Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Optional Installed it makes no Difference and shows Version

Radeon Software Version 18.7.1 in the settings so Kind of in a bind as the Demo Keeps crashing at the exact same spot

Right after this message

Game will then Lock up

The NUC meets the Recommended specks Bios is up to date

Intel® NUC

Intel Core i7-8809G 3.1GHz (up to 4.2GHz Turbo)

2x 16GB DDR4 2400+ SODIMMs

Radeon RX Vega M GH 1063-1190MHz GPU, 800MHz Memory 4GB

512 GB M.2 SATA SSD Operating System and Apps

1TB M.2 SATA SSD Game's only Windows and Steam

4 TB External Hard drive USB-C for Photos and Back up files

Integrated Wifi Intel® Wireless-AC 8265 + Bluetooth 4.2

Ands my head is starting to hurt

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

I went to edit but yea could not see the link to do a Edit so have Uploaded a 30 second vid to U Tube of the Video Error happens in the same spot of the game every time no matter the Video settings used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7INw1-lCTA Forza Horizon 4 Demo 13 09 2018 23 43 16 - YouTube

RHild
Novice

Alan,

Unfortunately I think you've run in to the biggest drawback with these kind of specialized graphics processors as used in Hades Canyon. AMD is constantly updating their drivers based on developer feedback, but those updates take time to filter down to our devices. As you noticed, the official 8809G graphics driver is based on AMD's Adrenalin 18.7.1 release, which is a few months old. AMD now has Adrenalin 18.9.1 available.

We are at the mercy of Intel repackaging the AMD drivers for use with the 8809G, and keeping them updated and in sync with AMD. Sadly for us, we have no idea when (or even if) Intel will update the official graphics driver. For what it's worth, Apple bootcamp users have this same issue with needing Apple to repackage and build official AMD drivers for their unique graphics solutions.

All we can do really is wait and hope Intel updates the drivers soon...

-Robert

RHild
Novice

FYI, there appears to be a BETA version of the AMD adrenaline 18.8.2 driver repackaged for Intel NUCs:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28109/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics?product=80939 Download Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics

It's listed as compatible with the HAdes Canyon CPUs

-Robert

MLevi
Valued Contributor I

Also, here at this link too:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/130409/Intel-Core-i7-8809G-Processor-with-Radeon-RX-Vega-M-... Downloads for Intel® Core™ i7-8809G Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega M GH graphics (8M Cache, up to 4.20 GHz)

idata
Community Manager

Also, here at this link too:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/130409/Intel-Core-i7-8809G-Processor-with-Radeon-RX-Vega-M-... Downloads for Intel® Core™ i7-8809G Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega M GH graphics (8M Cache, up to 4.20 GHz)

FYI, there appears to be a BETA version of the AMD adrenaline 18.8.2 driver repackaged for Intel NUCs:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28109/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics%3Fproduct%3D80939 Download Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics

It's listed as compatible with the HAdes Canyon CPUs

-Robert

Thanks guys did not see the one for the AMD I have the Latest Intel one. Will give the AMD Beta A whirl and see if it helps

I did get Version 18.9.1 to install but it seems to be problematic with what it decides to install Seems to only update the Audio drivers not the GPU drivers.

idata
Community Manager

We are at the mercy of Intel repackaging the AMD drivers for use with the 8809G, and keeping them updated and in sync with AMD. Sadly for us, we have no idea when (or even if) Intel will update the official graphics driver.

Yep I know but Intel also marketed the Hades Canyon at Gamer's so perhaps they 1 get on the ball with Drivers updates

Or 2 Let us run Bog Standard AMD Drivers in other words make AMD the supplier of Drivers for the Vega M GPU's with out needing to be repacked.

As at the Moment it is a Broken Gaming Machine for new games. A very Expensive Gaming Machine that I really like, and so far has Run every game I have chucked at it with out a problem in 4K High settings at over 40FPS for all of them Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 7, Gears of War 4 All AAA Games and all run over 40FPS @ 4K on High or better display settings.

With Luck this will be fixed before the Game Drops at Midnight on the 27/09/2018

idata
Community Manager

Wow your kidding you list the 18.9.1 as Beta and don't include them with Intel driver assist just wonderful Perhaps give us a option to have Intel driver assist look for Beta drivers save some hassle

idata
Community Manager

Hello Alan_J_T,

Usually Software and Driver tools only provide validated drivers since this is the recommended method for the general public.

Typically, BETA drivers are manually installed since the supplier usually does not provide any support, only receives feedback.

In this case, I will provide your recommendation to the support team.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
idata
Community Manager

Typically, BETA drivers are manually installed since the supplier usually does not provide any support, only receives feedback.

In this case, I will provide your recommendation to the support team.

So nice to here from support staff