Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

GPU throttling on NUC8i7HVK

I am seeing GPU throttling in games, e.g. Destiny 2. On a cold boot, I get 60 FPS options for 1440p and down. Which is fine. And actually remarkable for this tiny computer.

If you play a while, and quit. And re-start, I notice the game defaults to 30 FPS, which is not acceptable.

I have Ballistix 32GB RAM (at 2666 enabled via XMP). And 512GB Saming 970 Pro nVMe. No overclocking has been done on CPU, I tried GPU, but I get a crash almost immediately. All I need is 60FPS, and I'm happy. Which is achievable without OCing.

Please help. I like the box, and would love to keep it if I can maintain the frame rates.

Aaron

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello daz3al3x,

I understand that you are currently experiencing FPS drops.

Regarding this, in order to best assist you with your inquiry I am going to need some information specific about the current problem, as well as information about your system, please fill the information requested in the thread below:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

This information is necessary so that I can attempt and replicate the problem in order to see if it happens with any NUC8i7HVK or if it is just a problem with yours.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here's the output of the SSU, dxdiag, and dispdiag. Let me know if I can provide more.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I am not sure how to enable the full editor to attach files... Nothing stands out that I would click at the top most right button.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello daz3al3x,

Thank you for your response.

There should be an "attach" option at the bottom right corner of the "reply" window. You can refer to the screenshot I have provided for more information.

Also, remember to provide me with the information requested on the thread:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

This is to have more information and attempt to replicate the issue.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello daz3al3x,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Please provide me with the information that has been requested above in order to best assist you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos