cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Getting to Bios

Jump to solution

I have an i3-8109U and realise that it has not been setup to restart after power cut. I therefore restart hit F2 and get a number of options including the bottom one - Setup (or something similar)  I select that and the screen goes blank.

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

If, after using F2 to enter BIOS Setup, you see a blank screen, this is an indication that your monitor does not support the 1024x768 mode. This mode is a requirement for Visual BIOS display. Try using a different monitor.

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1.  "I select that and the screen goes blank." If you only selected this option, but didn't save dose settings (i.e. clicked on F10 confirmed by "Y" or in other way confirmed saving the new settings), noting should be change. If changed, you did something more than select a new option in BIOS.

2. What is your NUC model? i3-8109U is a CPU type rather than NUC model. Do you have NUC8i3BEx?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

If, after using F2 to enter BIOS Setup, you see a blank screen, this is an indication that your monitor does not support the 1024x768 mode. This mode is a requirement for Visual BIOS display. Try using a different monitor.

...S

View solution in original post