Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Graphics for 5120x1440 on NUC10i7?

My much older NUC equipped with DP1.2 drives my Dell U4919 at 5120x1440 properly. My new NUC1017FNK with i7-10710u chip can't seem to drive more than 3840x1080.

My old NUC was a NUC6i5 purchased Feb 2016 which drove the 5120x1440 perfectly thru DP1.2.

Is this a driver issue?

I've tried both the Thunderbolt port and the HDMI port with no improvement.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. You have not supplied any information about your system.
  2. Please download Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results.
  3. The txt file with the results, pleas attach to your post (use the "paper clip").
  4. I want to add that according to NUC10i7FN Technical Product Specification , para. 1.5.1.4 the maximum supported resolution is 4096 x 2304 @ 60Hz, while the maximum supported resolution for NUC6i5SYH is only 3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz (see para. 1.5.1.4 in Technical Product Specification) . So, atleast according to TPS, you should have no problem.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Leon

I'm sure this is a driver issue. They just need to put in the resolution and of course validate it. I doubt they have a bunch of time or 5120x1440 monitors hanging around.

I used to work in Intel Folsom one floor away from the chipset and graphics teams. I know they are under a lot of stress. Probably no less now that it is on chip with the CPU.

I attached the result of the SSU scan to my original post.

Jim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hello Jim,

Your system is correctly updated with the relevant driver and Bios. Windows is also updated. Could be that you are right. Let see what the Intel engineering will answer. The SSU report will help them.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Although it appears that they have closed this "support case" I should mention that the "supported configuration" of 4096 x 2304 is 9437184 pixels per frame. My request is for support of 5120x1440 or 7372800 pixels per frame.

That's 22% fewer pixels to store, manipulate and send to the display port.

It seems that support just looks at the 5120 number and sees that as more and responds accordingly.

I explained the difference and asked them to present the request to the driver team. They agreed to do so.

Jim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Well I don't have NUC10 however I have some idea: With your DCH Graphics Driver 26.20.100.7529, an Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) should be installed. You will find it under in the Start Menu, under letter "I". If you don't see IGCC there, download it from Microsoft Store. Run IGCC and open the Display tab. Near the current recommended resolution, you may click on Custom and adjust the display to the 5120x1440.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Leon

Good idea but doesn't work. Unsupported resolution error.

Jim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi Jim,

FYI. In this thread, similar problem was reported .

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

That worked great!!

Deleted all the Intel Software related to display adapter. Deleted the display adapter including the option to delete the driver.

Rebooted system and logged in.

Clicked on display properties and selected 5120x1440 that was now presented!!!!!

Looks and performs great!

Thanks!!

Jim

Highlighted

hey-  late to the party....

Is it 5120 @30hz or at 60hz?

Thanks!
Diego

0 Kudos