Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WWWCC
Beginner

Green pixels on Intel NUC7i5BNK

We purchased an Intel NUC7i5BNK to connect to an 80" interactive touch display for use in the classroom.From the initial set up, we have had an issue where there have been multiple green pixels showing up on the display (more so on the lock screen after initial boot).I have tried different display drivers, with no luck.I tried connecting the NUC to a 1080p monitor but did not notice the pixel issue. I have tried a different computer connect to the 80" touchscreen, but it did not have the pixel issue.If I uninstall the Intel display driver and leave the NUC running the Microsoft generic driver, there are no green pixels.This leads me to the conclusion that it is likely a display driver issue.I have tried about 2 other drivers, with the same result:

• version 23.20.16.4944
  • version 21.20.16.4678

Display: 3840x2160@60Hz via HDMI

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello WWCC-IT.Support,

I understand that you are currently experiencing green pixels on the screen when connecting the NUC to the 80' display.

Regarding this, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, please create and attach an Intel ® Graphics Report, refer to the link below for instructions on how to do it:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Regards,

David V
WWWCC
Beginner

I have attached the files, as per your request.

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

Hello WWCC-IT.Support,

Thank you for your response,

We are going to review the information and run some tests so we can assist you in the best way.

I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

David V
WWWCC
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Would I be able to get an update on the current status? I'd just like to keep the person in the loop who placed the original request to me.

Thank you.

idata
Community Manager

Hello WWCC-IT.Support,

Of course, I actually apologize for the long delay, we have been working on the replication of the issue and we are not yet done, We will attempt to replicate the issue and get back to you really soon with the results, my apologies for the time.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

Hello WWCC-IT.Support,

Thank you for your patience,

I apologize for the long delay we have been testing, we are making sure that we test everything and give you the results so we can have the best fix for you. We are almost done with this, I really apologize for the time.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

Hello WWCC-IT.Support,

Thank you for your patience,

We have been testing the unit at the resolution mentioned and the same refresh rate, the HDMI cable specification matters as we have tried with High Speed cables and the image is not blurry or pixelated.

I would strongly suggest you to try to connect the NUC with the high speed HDMI cable for testing purposes and if this does not improve let us know to see if there is something else that can be tried.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

Hello WWCC-IT.Support,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

I would like to know if you have tried to use the High Speed HDMI* cable.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
WWWCC
Beginner

Apologies for the slow response. I have been on break and only returned this week.

I will do some more testing and return with my findings.

Thank you

idata
Community Manager

Hello WWCC-IT.Support,

And no problem at all, I understand and I actually apologize for taking so long with the testings myself, please take your time and let me know the findings.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

Hello WWCC-IT.Support,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

I would like to know if you were able to test a different HDMI* cable.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
WWWCC
Beginner

I did try another cable with no luck.

I tested a laptop with the same cable and did not have the issue.

I did, however, try the NUC on another same brand screen and had similar issues. It would appear the issue is something to do with the way the NUC uses HDMI that this particular screen does not like.

As I believe it would be hard to reproduce the problem without the screen in question under warranty, I have purchased a different brand mini PC to replace it.

威王4
New Contributor I

i have a similar problem once with 4k60hz hdmi output. but at last i found the green pixes are caused by the low quality hdmi cable.

after i replaced a new hi quality cable, it works well.