Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PSmaz
Beginner

HDMI Firmware v1.72 for Intel NUC 7i7DNHE

It will be available for NUC 7i7DNHE HDMI firmware version 1.72? at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27315/?product=122495 www is announced version 1.72 but download is only 1.71

0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

V1.71 is what you want.

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello smaz2,

I understand that you believe the advertised version is 1.72 instead of the 1.71.

Regarding this, after reviewing the details and the page you have linked I have confirmed that the advertised version there is the 1.712, which in this case is part of the version 1.71, not the 1.72. The specific version of the firmware is 1.712, in other words, the 1.72 is not advertised there and there should be no problem if you have updated it with that one.

Regards,

David V
PSmaz
Beginner

the www pages changed and now you have probably the truth you wrote. but I was disappointed with another nuc (7i7BNH) me HDMI version 1.72 resolved a problem with S3 status.

When nuc 7i7DNHE instructs the monitor to go to sleep through HDMI it'll initially go to sleep and the backlight turns off. But it'll keep coming up with "NO SIGNAL" messages intermittently whilst it is sleeping. Sometimes the cycling of NO SIGNAL message then backlight immediately off, then on again, then the NO SIGNAL message, can happen repeatedly quite quickly.

in the case of 7i7BNH this problem disappeared with HDMI version 1.72. for 7i7DNHE (HDMI "1.712") not resolved.

idata
Community Manager

Hello smaz2,

Thank you for your response,

I apologize for any inconveniences you may be encountering with the NUC regarding the S3 power state.

I was reviewing this HDMI firmware that you have updated and I can see that the fix was applied on that one as well as you can see in the screenshot I have attached on this thread. Also, I wanted to provide you with this link, which has instructions on how to do the firmware update the best way, you may find this helpful and if possible you can try to update the firmware again by following the instructions:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27315/eng/HDMI-Update-1.71-ReleaseNotes.pdf HDMI firmware update instructions.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
PSmaz
Beginner

thank you for the reply, but I'm afraid the bug is not in the upgrade process.

idata
Community Manager

Hello smaz2,

Regarding the HDMI* firmware, I have reviewed the details and I have found out that the issue it addresses is related to head-mounted display and not a monitor.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

After I get this report, I will be able to have a better insight of the problem and the details of your system so I can attempt to fix the problem. Also, I would like to know if you are using a HDMI to HDMI connection or any kind of adapter.

Regards,

David V
PSmaz
Beginner

Hi,

- monitor is Dell U2410 (try another monitor Dell UP3216Q with the same problems)

- DxDiag report in attachment

- connection is HDMI-HDMI

the same problems were with NUC7i7BNH before firmware version 1.72. then everything worked well.

Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

Hello smaz2,

Thank you for your response.

I was reviewing the information in the DxDiag report and I was able to see that we can try a new graphics driver with the system. Please download the ".zip" file from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?produc... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?produc...

After this has been done, please follow the steps below:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the .INF file (Information file).

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

Let me know if this improved the current issue.

Regards,

David V
PSmaz
Beginner

Hello,

so the driver update 24.20.100.6025 did not help. the monitor to go to sleep and cycling of "NO SIGNAL" message then backlight immediately off, then on again, then the NO SIGNAL message.

idata
Community Manager

Hello smaz2,

I am currently looking into this to see if there is something else we can try to fix the problem you are experiencing. Please allow me some time, I will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

Hello smaz2,

I am still working on this to see if there is any fix for the current problem you are experiencing, I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

Hello smaz2,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

I would like to know if the issues you had persist.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V