Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

HDMI Monitor Does Not Wake From Sleep

I recently purchased an intel NUC 10 with a Core i5 processor (NUC10i5FNK1). When the NUC is connected with an HDMI monitor (Samsung 4k monitor), the computer will intermittently not wake from sleep. I looked around and this seemed like an issue with older NUCs that has since been resolved. I am going to try a displayport cable, but I don't see why this shouldn't work with HDMI. I have all the latest drivers and the latest BIOS (v0041) installed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Let me answer this way: This issue has been around since the first (3rd gen) NUCs arrived on the scene. It has been fixed, comes back, gets fixed again, comes back, on and on and on. I test a lot of machines simultaneously, so I use KVMs, and this seems to just exacerbate the issue. I do hope that you can connect using DisplayPort and that the problem does not rear its ugly head there. Let me know; I may investigate using DisplayPort KVMs instead...

...S

Highlighted
New Contributor I

I'm seeing the same thing on my NUC8i7BEH, it started after upgrading windows to the 2004 version (20H1, May update, whatever you want to call it).  I've been trying to figure this out ever since.  Originally I was given the update via Windows Update, before MS blocked it for NUCs.  I then did a clean install of 2004 and the problem persists.  I'm using the latest Intel display drivers 27.20.100.8336 and the issue still persists.

I'm shocked that more people are not reporting this issue, I can't have that unique of a setup.  I have an LG 4k monitor hooked up via HDMI, worked perfectly up until installing Windows 2004.  It's super frustrating.  I'm on the latest BIOS, HDMI firmware has been updated, all latest drivers per Intel driver assistant.  Installed all of the latest drivers from the Intel download bundle after doing the fresh install of Win 2004.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

try the latest 27.20.100.8476 driver, I'm having 0 problems waking up from sleep with 4K monitor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I had those monitor wake up troubles with a NUC7PJYH (2 x HDMI 2.0a) last year and that was reason enough to return it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Is it a 4K monitor as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Yes, a 4k Philips 276E8VJSB, very demanding with regard to signal strenght. I also tried some USB-C to HDMI adapter cables with my current NUC10i5's Thunderbolt port, but while the NUC recognizes the monitor, the monitor doesn't recognize a signal with that cable, just like it was with the direct HDMI to HDMI cable on the NUC7PJYH. 

Thankfully the NUC10i5's HDMI port is good enough for the Philips, also a nice little TB3 dock works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I believe it's a driver issue. Since updated to the latest 27.20.100.8476 version,

I haven't seen the issue happening again, YET.

0 Kudos