Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HDMI issues (no video signal)

My NUC Skull Canyon keeps losing HDMI video connection. If I try to log in as a different user (say, I reboot the system, log in as user X, then try to log in as user Y), after entering credentials, the screen goes blank and my TV shows that there is no HDMI connection. I need to unplug HDMI cord from either TV or NUC, and then plug it back to get video restored. It started happening recently. I tried using a different HDMI cable (brand new, different brand), but it did not help. I have all the latest Windows 10 (x64) updates and as of writing Intel Driver Assistant shows no available updates. Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello AlekDavis,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I understand that you are having issues when switching users using Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK via HDMI. I would like to help you.

First, I would like to get additional information about your system. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Also, I was wondering if you have tried connecting your Intel® NUC to another display/TV and using other video output such as Mini DisplayPort*/DisplayPort* Type-C

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello AlekDavis,

I would like to add that you can check if these issues were caused by Windows updates since you are saying that they started happening recently. Additionally, you can try the steps I provided before and attach the reports to take a look at your system configuration and drivers installed.

I will be glad to assist if you need any further help.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I didn't have a chance to troubleshoot it, but for the last couple of days, I have not seen the issue. Will keep an eye on it for now and post results if it happens again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello AlekDavis,

I will be glad to assist you if this issue occurs again.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello AlekDavis,

I was wondering if your TV still goes blank after switching users in Windows.

If you need any further assistance, I will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yeah, unfortunately, still happening. Not every time, but often enough. If I unplug the HDMI cord and plug it in again, the display comes back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Here is the summary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello AlekDavis,

Thank you for your response.

I will attempt to replicate this issue to get more information about what the cause may be.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello AlekDavis,

I attempted to replicate this issue, but I did not run into this problem. I connected an Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK using a straight trough connection with one cable (HDMI*).

This could be a connection problem between your computer and the display. Try switching to a different video output (DisplayPort, Thunderbolt). If the issue occurs because Windows* does not detect your display, try using the Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B keyboard shortcut to wake up your display.

If the issue still persists, you can also create a new user account in Safe Mode in case it is causing display issues and even try another display.

Additionally, try a clean install of the latest graphics driver for Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580 to make sure old graphics drivers are causing system conflicts.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27892/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88357

You may follow these steps.

1.Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your Intel® NUC. Go to the device manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version.

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks Wanner. I kind of expected that you would not be able to duplicate this. I suspect the problem is related to the latest Windows update (or possibly graphics drivers). I'll try updating the graphics drivers as you recommended when I get a chance. Thanks for the wake display shortcut (didn't know about it).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello AlekDavis,

I will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello AlekDavis,

Were you able to perform the clean install of the graphics driver?

I would like to know if you have any update on this issue.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I had exactly this issue when trying to set up by new 4K TV as full HDMI2 60Z setting it to 30 Hz refresh solved the problem and 30hz is fine for video streaming etc.

If you want 60hz 3840x2160 you have to ahve a good short cable(not sure what's the max distance but my five meters was one bridge to far....)

my NUC is a NUC7i5BNH but if you are using 4K TV then it's probably a cable issue.

0 Kudos