Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

HDMI update installed using NUC6CAY BobcatAuxispTool on NUC7i7BNH and it failed during install and now when I re boot NUC there is no output to HDMI monitor.

Did above upgrade and now NUC is obviously "alive" and lights flashing but nothing is output to monitor. No BIOS boot screen, it's blank. I'm guessing that when the upgrade failed it did not roll back to original start position. How do I fix this please, because right now I can't see a thing on the monitor?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Novice

Are you saying you used the latest HDMI firmware to upgrade the NUC6CAY?

as instructions state the bin folder has two different firmware files

NUC6CAY = MCDP2800_C21_C22_V1.72.00_LSPCON_MP_FHC_SIGNED_CMDB_AY.bin

NUC7ixBN = MCDP2800_C21_C22_V1.72.00_LSPCON_MP_FHC_SIGNED_CMDB_BN.bin

Make sure you select the correct file. I'm not sure what the outcome of selecting the wrong FW file would be, I would assume there is fail safe built into the installer & a prompt will not let you install incorrect firmware.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes, That is the utility I used and as a result of that I'm now with no video through my HDMI monitor. Not even any Bios F2 boot option.

That was my point that it did NOT rollback ("fail safe"). After a few minutes of the upgrade progressing, it came up with a message "Windows encountered a problem" and it did NOT rollback. It was only when I subsequently rebooted that the screen output has gone completely. It's not the monitor, it is the end result of experiencing the installation error.

I am not in a position to re-run the program and select any FW files because there is no video output now. I can see the NUC boots but I'm flying in the dark as there are no outputs to the sreen since the FW file upgrade.

Perhaps if I try a BIOS flash upgrade from a USB bootable drive it might reset everything back to a start position again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Hamish-Aus,

I understand that your unit no longer gives video after a failed HDMI firmware update, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regarding this problem, I would like to try several things to fix it. First, please use a different HDMI cable and/or a different monitor, this is just for testing purposes. Second, if the previous step did not resolve the issue, please try to use the other graphic interface (USB-C) if possible to check if it gives video or not. If it does give video then try to update the firmware of the HDMI with the correct file.

If those steps do not solve the issue then I would like you to try to do a CMOS clear. You can follow the steps in the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005805/mini-pcs.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005805/mini-pcs.html

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks David V,

Unfortunately, none of those suggestions worked.

1. I cleared CMOS.

2. I've attempted to reload the BIOS using Bios recovery update using rebootable USB drive and removing jumper temporarily off motherboard. (Instructions are a little ambiguous on this procedure for my edition), but tried all obvious options.

3. New HDMI Cable and monitor - no dfference.

4. I don't have a thunderbolt to HDMI converter so I can't try other video availability.

Main issue is I can't see any video, so I only can try solutions that do not require any visual feedback.

Help?

Rergards

Hamish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm about to buy and try a USBC to HDMI adaptor and see if that works. Then hopefully when I can see what I'm doing reload the HDMI port driver update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Hamish-Aus,

Thank you for the response,

I understand, please let us know the outcome of trying the adapter. Let us know if the unit shows the display or not.

Regards,

David V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello David V.

Ok, I now have visual of what I'm doing using the USB C to HDMI cable. The HDMI port does not output anything.

Can you please advise specific instructions for getting the HDMI going for my NUC7i&BNH model?

regards

Hamish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello David V

I went ahead and ran the HDMI update program (using the video from USBC) and it seems to have worked.

I now have functioning HDMI. All good. Thx for help.

Regards

Hamish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Hamish-Aus,

Thank you for your response,

Really glad to know that the solution worked for you. I am glad I was able to help!

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos