Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12310 Discussions

HELP! Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVKVA with AMD Adrenaline freezes!

8rnity
Novice

So I installed on my Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVKVA latest AMD Adrenaline driver from AMD site as required by Intel driver support and now Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Premiere Rush and Davinci Resolve don't work anymore!

The driver works, example, with 3DMark but all video editor suites are unusable!!

Now I can't work and previuos drivers are unavailable.. is it possible none has reported this issue?

Please help ASAP!

0 Kudos
26 Replies
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

There might a general problem with Vega and Adobe:

"vega" "Adobe" "crash" - Google Search

I'm not sure if it would help but when I force the new drivers to install I select Vega 64 from the list.

I have no idea if this matters or not in your case (don't use Adobe software) but it certainly can't hurt to try.

As far as official support goes, the reality of this situation really sucks. AMD and Intel were not in such an adversarial relationship when this product came to be. Today, AMD and Intel are at each other's throats and there is no chance in hell that we will see a truce just to support this niche product.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Try to install Adrenaline Driver version 19.12.1. I have installed this driver and work with Pinnacle Studio 19, Adobe, Paint and other video editors. I know, it is not the latest version but it is working (including desktop recording)

Leon

kankra
New Contributor I

I have more and more problems with the old driver. Any news Intel?

Raffiki
Beginner

Same here... have problems with the old and other problems with the newest.
So depend on what i have to do - i have to install the new or old driver. Very frustrating!

Please Intel do something! Just a statement would be great.

Best!

kankra
New Contributor I

Thank you @AlexKeky . I didn't know there was an official announcement from @RonaldM_Intel for new drivers in Q1. 

We are all very grateful that there is at least the "hack". However, it is not allowed in my case for compliance reasons.