Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

HELP! Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVKVA with AMD Adrenaline freezes!

So I installed on my Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVKVA latest AMD Adrenaline driver from AMD site as required by Intel driver support and now Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Premiere Rush and Davinci Resolve don't work anymore!

The driver works, example, with 3DMark but all video editor suites are unusable!!

Now I can't work and previuos drivers are unavailable.. is it possible none has reported this issue?

Please help ASAP!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What version of adrenaline did you install?  from where did you get it?

What version of intel graphics do you have installed?

What version of W10 do you have installed?  1909? 2004?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

from AMD support site:

Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.2.2-Mar5

from Intel NUC support site:

GFX-Win10-26.20.100.8141

Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.900

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. On my NUC I've installed Adrenaline Version 19.12.1  . I'm aware that this is not the latest version, however on Hades Canyon is working better than the newer one. 

2. This is a link to Version 20.2.1 , Version 20.1.1

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

thank you. what kind of NUC you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Same NUC as you have- NUC8i7HVKVA. Before downgrading the AMD driver, uninstall the currently installed driver and reboot your NUC.
Leon
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

version 19.12.1 doesn't freeze adobe suite.

so where's the problem with version 20.x?

it seems that RX Vega M isn't supported anymore but at least the last driver should be tested and work. but it isn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Yes, AMD should test their drivers.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I prefer the 19.12.1 over the 20thy additions, because I can record video clip from screen. In the 20-thy addition it doesn't work on Hades Canyon.

Any way you can use now your NUC and I hope that in feature AMD will fix their drivers.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I tested all them and 19.12.1 is the last one that works with adobe suite and davinci editing software. from 19.12.2 even adobe rush crashes! I would to have some confirm if someone could test it too
Highlighted
Super User

I can confirm that I'm working with Pinnacle Studio 19 and didn't observed any problems.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

you mean with 20.2.2?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi 8rnity,

Are you okay with AMD Adrenalin version 19.12.1 for now? We are working with AMD* to release a more recent version of the driver that also supports Hades Canyon but this may take some extra time.

Leon, Doc, Thanks for shining your light on this subject!

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @8rnity 

As I written above, I have installed version 19.12.1 and this version is working best for me.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

ok, thank you. 19.12.1 works, from 19.12.2 not.

so latest driver listed as working in Hades Canyon driver list (20.2.2) should be directed to 19.12.1 and not to 20.x versions:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28600/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-b...

0 Kudos