cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

HVK - Driver update

Jump to solution

Any update on a new driver from Intel/AMD for the HNK/HVK?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello SRyan10,

Thank you so much for your response.

We understand your concern and this was informed to the appropriate department.

At the moment, what I can recommend is to keep using the driver version that is working with no issues and keep checking the download center for any future updates for this NUC.

If you experience any issue at certain point do not hesitate in letting us know.

That being said, If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Hello SRyan10,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I would like to inform you that we are currently working on getting newer version for the primary graphics driver for the Hades Canyon.

Currently the latest driver versions that we offer can be found here.

Are you currently experiencing any kind of issue with the device due to the lack of updates of the driver?

If so, please provide a brief description of the behavior.

Please let me know if that is the case

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello SRyan10,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Esteban,

Apologies for delayed response.

No noted issues, just curious as it has been quite some time since AMD and Intel appeared to drop support for the Kaby Lake - Radeon chips. 

However, I note that the AMD graphics driver 19.12.1 appeared more stable and worked better than the current 20.2.2. Hoping we get a newer driver soon and continued support for the product into the future.

Thanks for your fast reply.

Sam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @SRyan10 

The version 19.12.1 is not only the last most stable version, but is also the last version that using ReLive features, you may record the video clip from your monitor. In the newer version, the recorded video is corrupted.

Leon

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Bit depressing though isn't it that we have to recommend a driver from 2019.

Though this isn't the first hot potato Intel dropped on driver support (remember Cedar Trail/Cedarview anyone... shudder).

Libera te tutemet ex inferis
Highlighted

Hello SRyan10,

Thank you so much for your response.

We understand your concern and this was informed to the appropriate department.

At the moment, what I can recommend is to keep using the driver version that is working with no issues and keep checking the download center for any future updates for this NUC.

If you experience any issue at certain point do not hesitate in letting us know.

That being said, If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored

Esteban D.

View solution in original post