cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CKors
Beginner

Hades Canyon NUC NUC8i7HVK

Wil the Hades Canyon NUC supports

VP9 Profile 2 - = YouTube HDR support - and support the Protected Audio Video Path technology required for UHD Blu-ray playback and 4K Netflix HDR support.

Windows 10 64 bit Windows 10 Spring Creators Update

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello, Clausdk. Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than glad to assist you.

Allow me to verify that information. I will be back to you soon.

Antony S.
Ray_W_Intel
Employee

Clausdk,

VP9 Profile 2 support in Youtube HDR may work depending on the video and bandwidth (60fps vs 30fps).

PAVP is not a supported technology on Hades Canyon as there is no physical path for the igpu to take control over the presented screen. So as a result UHD Blu-Ray support is not going to be possible.

4K netflix does not rely on PAVP but rather relies on PR3.0 (Microsoft Playready 3000). Current graphics driver 23.20.792.2048 supports this correctly through the Edge browser and/or the netflix app after you install the HEVC codec through the microsoft store.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Clausdk. Thank you very much for your patience.

As Rwashington mentioned, the Protected Audio Video Path Technology is not supported by this NUC.

Additionally, please keep in mind that this unit is intended to be a gaming platform, as a result, not all the usual HTPC functions are going to be supported. Furthermore, HDR over YouTube* should work without any problem.

Antony S.