Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amose1
Beginner

Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK Powering off randomly.

I've got 3 NUC8i7HVK's all with same latest BIOS version and identical BIOS settings, one of which is to turn on after a power failure, and 1 of them powers off randomly, and the only way to get it to power back on, is to physically unplug the power adapter from the NUC for about a minute. Pressing the power button, holding it down, etc does nothing, unless I reseat the power cord into the NUC. I've tried different outlets on my UPS, different UPS, I haven't tried moving Power Supplies between NUC's but that is my next step. I'm not seeing anything in the OS logs on the NUC that is causing this, just curious if anyone has seen anything like this before?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello amose1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Have you tried taking the BIOS from the unit that is not functioning as expected back to defaults? This is an importants step since, according to what you have mentioned, their BIOS settings are the same and therefore, the BIOS settings are affecting the normal operation of the unit.

Let me know the outcome please, also if you tried the other power supply.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

amose1
Beginner

So I reset the BIOS to default on all 3 of them to start, then changed the 3-4 settings I need, on all 3, so they all started from the same place, and are set identically. I will try the Power Supply and see what happens. So far its happened twice in the past week with the power off, so it may be a while to see if it occurs again.

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello amose1,

Thank you for your response.

I understand, please let me know the outcome of this test if the issue persists.

David V

MRoss5200
New Contributor III

What brand RAM and Storage are in all of the NUCs? Have you tried swapping memory and SSDs between systems?

amose1
Beginner

So I have tried swapping Power Supply, the issue still occurs with a new (to the NUC) power supply. Next I swapped RAM, and so far it has not happened again, but it would happen randomly anyway, so I will let it go for a week or so and see what happens.

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello amose1,

I appreciate you keeping us updated, let me know if the issue arises again.

David V

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello amose1,

I am still following up with this to see if the issue has happened again.

Let me know so I can assist you.

David V

amose1
Beginner

This is still happening, I have swapped the RAM, Disks, power supplies, reset BIOS, and after a few days, the NUC just powers off. I believe this is still under warranty, do I need to make a warranty claim?

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello amose1,

In order to process a warranty claim, you may contact us via phone or chat support at 916-377-7000 or else you can access the link below: 

http://intelsupportchat.force.com/icslivechat/ics_tech_processor_ww_english_Chat

You can check the warranty of your unit in the link below:

https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo

I have sent you an e-mail to the one registered in your account with your current ticket number, you can reference that one when contacting for warranty if you like.

David V