cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenK
Beginner

Hades Canyon (NUC8i7HVK) Switchable Graphics Driver

Jump to solution

normally the Adrenalin Driver offers the option Switchable Graphics - to select either the integrated or the discrete graphics card for a specific application - but the latest driver for my NUC is missing that option. So the NUC always using the VEGA RX M GH discrete graphics card...

(The Hades Canyon has intel hd graphics and the radeon vega graphics chip build in)

I also heard that this lovely NUC reached EOL (EndOfLife) status at intel - is a more up to date version of the converted "Radeon Graphics Chip to Intel Branding" Adrenalin Driver is somehow affected by this. i guess the product is still quite new and it clearly should benefit from future driver support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. The Hades Canyon supports Intel HD Graphics 630 via its processor and Radeon RX Vega M via discrete on package of AMD processor. Since the graphics output of the NUC8i7HVK is not physically connected to the HD Graphics 630, only the Graphics from VEGA RX M GH  can be used.
  2. Open the AMD Radeon Settings (right click on desktop). In the bottom left corner, click on "Updates" and then check if there is update for your driver.
  3. The NUC8i7HVK is not on the list of Discontinued Products yet. So, it is still supported.

Leon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. The Hades Canyon supports Intel HD Graphics 630 via its processor and Radeon RX Vega M via discrete on package of AMD processor. Since the graphics output of the NUC8i7HVK is not physically connected to the HD Graphics 630, only the Graphics from VEGA RX M GH  can be used.
  2. Open the AMD Radeon Settings (right click on desktop). In the bottom left corner, click on "Updates" and then check if there is update for your driver.
  3. The NUC8i7HVK is not on the list of Discontinued Products yet. So, it is still supported.

Leon

View solution in original post

BenK
Beginner

Thank you. That answered all my questions. In addition I can confirm from my side that this NUC so far operates just fine with the latest Adrenalin RX Vega 56 drivers from AMD's official page. In case somebody wan'ts to use more up to date graphics driver than the "UI translated" ones on the intel download page for the NUC8i7HVK.

LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I'm glad that your questions where answered.
  2. I also confirm that in my NUC8i7HVK, I installed the Radeon Software Adrenalin, edition 19.9.2. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-9-2. This is for information only and not recommendation, since Intel has not verified this driver yet.

Leon