Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vgupt34
Beginner

Hello, I was launching a game when I received the following notification: "Intel Rapid Storage Technology SATA Disk removed". Then after I checked, my disk D with everything important on it has disappeared on nowhere to be found.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1.  Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB.
  2.  Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next.
  3.  Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.
  4. Click/tap on Troubleshoot.
  5. Click/tap on Advanced options.
  6.  Click/tap on System Restore (use a restore point recorder on your PC to restore Windows).
  7.  If prompted, click/tap on an administrator and follow the instruction on screen. Select the restore point form the list.
  8.  After few Nexts, click Finish confirmed by Yes - the restore will start.
  9.  Your PC will now restart and perform a System Restore. 
  10.   When the System Restore has completed successfully, click/tap on Restart.

Hope this helps

Leon

vgupt34
Beginner

Appreciate it but i tried this several times in past ,but this problem repeats after a period of time and i want a permanent solution this time

LeonWaksman
Super User

Is your drive D accelerated with Optane Memory?

Leon

vgupt34
Beginner

i don't have optane memory

Alberto_R_Intel

vgupt34, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) is still present and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

vgupt34
Beginner

yes the problem still exist and i am unable to find the proper solution.

Alberto_R_Intel

vgupt34, Thank you very much for your response, we will be more than glad to further assist you with this matter.

In reference to your inquiry, as you mentioned, the drive became a recovery disk. Once the computer has been placed as recovery, the Intel® Rapid Storage does not have a way to undo these changes and the information that was stored in there will be lost.

As an option, we can always try the following steps to disable the recovery disk and to start the RAID from scratch, before attempting these steps, please back up your data.

Using the Option ROM User Interface:

-Restart the PC and access to CTRL - i menu, to do that press and hold the Ctrl key and tap the "i" key several times when the PC is starting up to access the menu.

-Once you do that you will be able to see the status of the disks, reset disks to "Non-RAID Disk"

-If for some reason the Ctrl - i does not work, then it is possible that the shortcut to access that menu on your computer is different, in that case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact with the manufacturer of the computer for them to provide the correct shortcut or a possible option in the BIOS.

-Once you set the drives to "Non-RAID Disk" you will be able to access a regular Operating System partition to set the computer back to factory settings.

Using the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology User Interface Utility:

-Run the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology UI from the following Start menu link: 

Start -> All Programs -> Intel® Rapid Storage Technology -> Intel® Rapid Storage Technology UI 

-Under ‘Status’ or ‘Manage’, click on the volume you want to delete. You will be presented with the volume properties on the left. 

-Click on ‘Delete volume’ 

-Review the warning message and click ‘Yes’ to delete the volume. 

-The ‘Status’ page refreshes and displays the resulting available space in the storage system view

Regards,

Albert R.

vgupt34
Beginner

hello @AlbertR_Intel​  i tried the following steps you mention above but there is no such option as RAID or NON RAID there are only two options given AHCI and INTEL OPTANE MEMORY.

Alberto_R_Intel

vgupt34, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the steps provided previously.

In this case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the computer for them to try to restore it to factory settings and to get further technical assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.