Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello. When power on device, I see built-in EFI Shell interface, and i can not exit, because my keyboard don`t work! So, i can not boot system. My Nuc model is NUC6CAYH. I would appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. You need give more information in order to be able help you:
  2. It is not clear to me what you mean "...I see built-in EFI Shell interface...". When you power ON your NUC it enters Bios?
  3. In order to have your keyboard/mouse working in Bios it do not use Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. It should be wired keyboard or wireless keyboard/mouse working with wireless receiver inserted into USB slot.
  4. What is your hardware configuration (i.e. storage drive, RAM)?
  5. Do you have Windows installed?
  6. Was your system working before?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

1)Thank You very match for attention to my problem.

2) When I power on my NUC, I see built-in EFI Shell interface, if i understand this situation correctly. Could You see to the picture, added to this message?

3) I try to use usb keyboards, wire and wireless.

4) My storage drive is WD Blue 500gb hdd, RAM is Crucial 4 GB.

5) yes, it is Windows 8.1

6) yes, it had been working after i had installed it. But after i rebooted it, the boot storage was undetected. I made changes to bios settings, including, by thoughtlessness, turned on the internal shell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

For addition to point 5): i used this NUC with Linux mint (flashdrive) earler without any problems, but now, it does not work too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1.     Press and hold Power Button for about 3 seconds. Count 1001, 1002, 1003,1004. Release the Power Button. NUC should reboot into Power Button Menu. You should release the Power Button before 4-sec shut down override or when the Power Button LED changes color from blue to amber.

2.     Press F2 to enter Bios.

3.     While in Bios, press F9 followed by "Y" to set Bios default settings.

4.     Press F10 confirmed by "Y" to save settings and exit bios.

Hope this will help

Leon

0 Kudos