Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello guys i have an issue with my NUC. usb/keyboard/mouse work perfectly in bios but as soon as i boot from a USB to install OS (either windows or Linux) , at the language selection, all usb stop working. no mouse/no keyboard.

i did manage to install ubuntu by selecting try it and then install the OS will already booted in ubuntu and testing them. but if i try to install any OS again , keyboard/mouse dies on me. i updated bios but no luck . keyboard/mouse work perfectly inside ubuntu. any ideas ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What model NUC?

What bios revision?

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. Follow my instruction to install Windows on your NUC.
  2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
  3. Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.
  4. With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and repeatably press F10 to get Boot Menu.
  5. In this menu, choose UEFI option of you Installation media.
  6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html
  7. In para. 7 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought.
  8. Skip on para. 12 and continue in para. 13. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
  9. Press Next and continue with the installation.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC8BEB

Bios version: BECFL357.86A.0077.2019.1127.1452

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

so this only works with win 10 ?

because neither with win 7 or ubuntu seems to be working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Yes, windows 10 only on 7th gen and later processors.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos