i did manage to install ubuntu by selecting try it and then install the OS will already booted in ubuntu and testing them. but if i try to install any OS again , keyboard/mouse dies on me. i updated bios but no luck . keyboard/mouse work perfectly inside ubuntu. any ideas ?
- Follow my instruction to install Windows on your NUC.
- Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
- Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.
- With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and repeatably press F10 to get Boot Menu.
- In this menu, choose UEFI option of you Installation media.
- Follow this tutorial to continue with installation https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html
- In para. 7 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought.
- Skip on para. 12 and continue in para. 13. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
- Press Next and continue with the installation.