Do I need a certain mouse and keyboard to work with the 5i5RYH? I just assembled the kit hooked it to the TV and get the initial start screen but both wired and wireless (with dongle) keyboard and mouse combinations don't work. The wired mouse doesn't even light up indicating its being powered by the USB port I tried all of the pors. I need some help please.
I really hope this NUC isnt restricted to certain peripherals, Its is USB after all.
have a nuc5i5ryk no problem either with wired or wireless mouse&keyboard.
Maybe is a bios setting that prevents your usb ports to recognize mouse&keyboard.
Try to clear cmos - reset BIOS
be careful doing so and see pages 47 - 48 at
recover the BIOS by removing the jumper on the board
Do I just turn off the NUC, remove the cover and then remove and replace the jumper or do I remove the jumper, apply power, replace the jumper and reassemble?
I will clear cmos too on monday at work because after enabling the fast boot option at bios since then I am not able to enter the bios
will try the second option "remove the jumper, apply power, replace the jumper and reassemble" on Monday at work to reset the bios after enabling fast boot which prevents me from entering the bios since then
sometimes because of bios settings USB devices (keyboards etc) will not be available until OS boot in order to boot faster.
if this is the case then you have to clear these settings by clearing CMOS.
I would give it a try.
Sort of, The SSD I wanted to use has Windows 8 on it. It was removed from a notebook. I didn't attempt to wipe it first. I'm guessing I should have but do not know how to wipe it properly. I do have a m2 to USB adapter and a working netbook that I could use. I want to install 8.1 on it and have an external DVD optical drive but it will not boot from the disc.
see pages 47 - 48 at
remove the jumper from the board (yellow one)
"this procedure I will follow tomorrow at work"
then power off and place the jumper to its initial position
Ok I've cleared the CMOS and telashed the BIOS per Intel instructions. What do I do next to load 8.1? I have it on DVD and USB thumb. How do I make sure it installs correctly?
Assuming you have the USB bootable, plug it in, power your NUC, press F10 to select boot media, USB in your case, and follow 8.1 installation process.
Not sure if this was resolved. I had the same issue with my NUC-5i5RYH where my mouse and keyboard no longer was detected when Windows booted up. Now i got out to work again.
My resolution to this issue was...
- IMPORTANT: Make sure to download the BIOS Update Tool first before proceeding.
- Go to the download center at... downloadcenter.intel.com
- Search for your NUC model and look for the bios update file.
- Select the bottom file and download it to your USB flash drive.
Also: Have your Windows 8.1 installation on a second USB flash drive if you haven't already.
1) Power the unit down.
2) Unplug power then unscrew the bottom lid to access cmos pin.
3) Remove cmos pin entirely. Leave it aside.
4) Insert the USB flash drive with the BIOS file you downloaded.
5) Plug power back to the NUC.
6) Power on the device and wait (Approx. 30 seconds) and the bios should have read the info off your USB flash drive. You'll get a message on the screen asking you to do 4 things. I chose to press F2 for visual bios.
7) Press F9 to set bios back to default settings.
😎 Remove USB flash drive.
9) Press F10 to Save and Exit.
10) Power down the NUC, unplug power, put the cmos pin back in the correct position.
11) Plug your USB flash drive with Windows 8.1 installation.
11) Power the NUC up and it should tell you that the bios has been changed. Say yes to proceed to bios.
12) Set your boot to your USB flash drive with your Windows 8.1 as primary (First on list). Save and exit.
13) This should now take you to Windows setup art the start with full Keyboard and Mouse functions.
14) Personally I re-installed my whole Windows from scratch. So the next step is up to you.
Hope this helps.