Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Help! Intel NUC5i5RYH Mouse & Keyboard

Do I need a certain mouse and keyboard to work with the 5i5RYH? I just assembled the kit hooked it to the TV and get the initial start screen but both wired and wireless (with dongle) keyboard and mouse combinations don't work. The wired mouse doesn't even light up indicating its being powered by the USB port I tried all of the pors. I need some help please.

I really hope this NUC isnt restricted to certain peripherals, Its is USB after all.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Re: Help! Intel NUC5i5RYH Mouse & Keyboard

have a nuc5i5ryk no problem either with wired or wireless mouse&keyboard.

Maybe is a bios setting that prevents your usb ports to recognize mouse&keyboard.

Try to clear cmos - reset BIOS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Highlighted
New Contributor III

I have a nuc5i3ryh and a logitech K400 working fine.

Highlighted
Beginner

The USB ports appear to be turned off. how do I turn them on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Do I just turn off the NUC, remove the cover and then remove and replace the jumper or do I remove the jumper, apply power, replace the jumper and reassemble?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

check this

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034634.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034634.htm

I will clear cmos too on monday at work because after enabling the fast boot option at bios since then I am not able to enter the bios

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

will try the second option "remove the jumper, apply power, replace the jumper and reassemble" on Monday at work to reset the bios after enabling fast boot which prevents me from entering the bios since then

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I don't how that will fix my issue. The problem is the USB ports appear to be disabled!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

do you have an operating system installed ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

sometimes because of bios settings USB devices (keyboards etc) will not be available until OS boot in order to boot faster.

if this is the case then you have to clear these settings by clearing CMOS.

I would give it a try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Sort of, The SSD I wanted to use has Windows 8 on it. It was removed from a notebook. I didn't attempt to wipe it first. I'm guessing I should have but do not know how to wipe it properly. I do have a m2 to USB adapter and a working netbook that I could use. I want to install 8.1 on it and have an external DVD optical drive but it will not boot from the disc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Make a USB boot with 8.1 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm downloading that now. Where can I get a step by step to clear cmos?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Check here http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034634.htm Intel® NUC Boards and Kits — Computer Won't Boot After BIOS Update

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

see pages 47 - 48 at

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24565/eng/NUC5i5RYB_NUC5i3RYB_TechProdSpec01.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24565/eng/NUC5i5RYB_NUC5i3RYB_TechProdSpec01.pdf

power off

remove the jumper from the board (yellow one)

power on

follow instructions

"this procedure I will follow tomorrow at work"

then power off and place the jumper to its initial position

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Ok I've cleared the CMOS and telashed the BIOS per Intel instructions. What do I do next to load 8.1? I have it on DVD and USB thumb. How do I make sure it installs correctly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

do keyboard&mouse work now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Assuming you have the USB bootable, plug it in, power your NUC, press F10 to select boot media, USB in your case, and follow 8.1 installation process.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Not sure if this was resolved. I had the same issue with my NUC-5i5RYH where my mouse and keyboard no longer was detected when Windows booted up. Now i got out to work again.

My resolution to this issue was...

- IMPORTANT: Make sure to download the BIOS Update Tool first before proceeding.

- Go to the download center at... downloadcenter.intel.com

- Search for your NUC model and look for the bios update file.

- Select the bottom file and download it to your USB flash drive.

File: RYBDWi35.86A

Also: Have your Windows 8.1 installation on a second USB flash drive if you haven't already.

Next...

1) Power the unit down.

2) Unplug power then unscrew the bottom lid to access cmos pin.

3) Remove cmos pin entirely. Leave it aside.

4) Insert the USB flash drive with the BIOS file you downloaded.

5) Plug power back to the NUC.

6) Power on the device and wait (Approx. 30 seconds) and the bios should have read the info off your USB flash drive. You'll get a message on the screen asking you to do 4 things. I chose to press F2 for visual bios.

7) Press F9 to set bios back to default settings.

😎 Remove USB flash drive.

9) Press F10 to Save and Exit.

10) Power down the NUC, unplug power, put the cmos pin back in the correct position.

11) Plug your USB flash drive with Windows 8.1 installation.

11) Power the NUC up and it should tell you that the bios has been changed. Say yes to proceed to bios.

12) Set your boot to your USB flash drive with your Windows 8.1 as primary (First on list). Save and exit.

13) This should now take you to Windows setup art the start with full Keyboard and Mouse functions.

14) Personally I re-installed my whole Windows from scratch. So the next step is up to you.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos