i bought a new nuc8i5bek mini pc kit with fitting 2x DDR4 16GB and 1x 22x80 ssd and also a fitting usb stick transcend 64gb.
i do install the ddr4 and ssd like the manual instruction. i wanted to install windows 10 64bit on the nuc. for this i downloaded the Win10_21H2_German_x64.ios data on the usb stick.
i do insert the usb stick and a keyboard in the nuc usb ports and connect it with a display via hdmi. then i turned the nuc on. the nuc checking all media but it can't find the usb stick.
the screen shows a error message a bootable device has not been detected
i cant handle the situation by myself. i do feel like a nope. maybe the community can help me
1. I suggest you install Windows using the following method:
2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will create bootable USB with the latest version of german addition of Windows 10 (.iso image is not bootable)
3. Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.
4. With the installation media inserted into the rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and repeatedly press F10 to get Boot Menu.
5. In this menu, choose the UEFI option of your Installation media.
6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.
7. In para. 9 you may enter the Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought .
8. Skip on para. 14 and continue in para. 15. Important, do not format the drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
9. Press Next and continue with the installation.
10.Once you finished the Windows 10 installation, you should download and install all drivers for your NUC.
The drivers you may find on Intel Download Page for your NUC. You have to manually download and install the Chipset Device Software as a first driver. Once you have this driver installed, reboot your NUC and continue with the other drivers (Graphics, WiFi, etc,...). The sequence of the installation is now not important and you must reboot your NUC only once, after the last driver is installed.
After installing the Chipset Software, you may download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and use it to install all the drivers, instead of doing this manually. Next, you may upgrade to Windows 11 for free.
many many thanks to you for the detailed installation manual. in the meantime i bought a bootable usb stick with win 10 on. So i do start with point 4 of your manual and installed windows 10 successfully : )
i had no problems with the drivers. i quess they are on the nuc already. i can plug in a usb mouse in the nuc without any trouble.
so do you recommend to install the intel driver & support assistant as well?
I certainly recommend to install the intel drivers. Your NUC is working on Microsoft Basic Drivers. Start with downloading and installing the Chipset Software Driver and rebooting the NUC. Next, it is up to you, either download and install each driver manually or download and install the IDSA, which will in addition to helping you with the installation, also will monitor that your drivers are UpToDate.