Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RList
Beginner

Help with possible Power Supply fault

I have a NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK which was working fine for 5 weeks. It suddenly ran very slow so I rebooted windows. Problem was Windows never returned and I was left with the blue push button LED and the right had green LED of the three lit. I contacted support after following the suggested fault finding procedure which included re-flashing the BIOS etc. I was instructed to return the bare unit for check and replacement minus any memory, drives etc I had fitted. Also not to return the power supply. The replacement unit arrived today and has exactly the same fault, 2 LED's lit and wont boot up. Could this be a power supply fault. It's the only thing I couldn't check as I don't have a suitable replacement. Is PSU failure a known common fault with these symptoms.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Also it can be problem with the SSD or SODIMM or WINDOWS installation since there all are from the first unit also?

Leon

RList
Beginner

I tried both SODIMM's independently and removed the SSD's. So I would have at least expected something on screen such as BIOS screen etc. There is another power supply on it's way so if not that I will be stumped.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Please inform us, how your NUC works with the replacement Power Supply.

Leon

RList
Beginner

Thank's Leon. As I mention in this thread https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006Hkq6/monitor-problem-with-nuc8i7hvk

The power supply was not at fault and the problem seems centred around the monitor I am using.