Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Anyone else getting this error? Hades NUC8i7HVK AMD 20.4.2 WHQL error 182 not supported. Paul

0 Kudos
52 Replies
Super User Retired Employee

First of all, if you look at your warranty, it is for 3 years, not 5. Secondly, there's no compensation option; the warranty entitles you to replacement unit; that's it. While I agree with you that Intel and AMD need to resolve this issue, you can't be making things up as you go.

...S

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Correct. The only time you get longer support is when it is a commercial product like MY, DN, PN NUCs. These get 5 or 7 years of support I believe. This is things like BIOS updates, microcode updates, security fixes, etc.

Warranty is still 3 years for all Intel products. But this has nothing to do with warranty. The products still work, just not to the level you want, driver wise. I think this will get resolved in the end we just have to wait a little longer. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

So Microsoft is about to drop the next Windows Version 20H2. Do we still don't get a update for the AMD Chip?

How long will that work out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Very doubtful now @ffabi2, it's been too long to see any resolution in this case.

Your best bet would likely be manually installing the latest Radeon driver without the control panel, despite the lack of some functionality I'd prefer this over sticking with older drivers IMHO.

Libera te tutemet ex inferis
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi,

thanks for your advice. I would prefer to install only the drivers without control panel, but Windows always says "best driver are adready installed". AMDs cleanup utility didn't helped. 

How did you solve the problem?

Regards 

fabi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi @ffabi2, you have to extract the driver file first (7zip etc) to a folder, then install it manually via device manager, browsing to the WT61_INF folder, selecting the .inf file and selecting 'Radeon RX Vega' from the selection list.

The latest 20.9.2 will work okay with this method, I just ran the latest 3DMark Wild Life benchmark with it recently: http://www.3dmark.com/wl/8538

But to be clear this isn't an officially supported workaround, so your mileage may vary.

I'm predominantly a Linux user, so I don't have these issues in general with the Mesa stack and the AMDGPU RADV drivers, the support there is excellent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi @ffabi2

Would like to offer advice, but the mods obviously deleted my post with the method, so you're on your own with this one I'm afraid!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

no it's still there "you don't need to modify any .inf files, just extract the whole .exe package with 7zip etc, then manually install them via device manager, browsing to the drivers folder and selecting 'Radeon RX Vega' from the device listings."

but I still get the "best drivers already installed" message

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

You have to manually force it @ffabi2, and it will install.

I'm running HZD on the 20.9.2 drivers at the moment (older drivers generally won't run this game correctly)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

@powerarmour Can you post your procedure for doing the install?  It would help some users.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi @AlHill, I did post a stepped process on this thread, but my post was removed, so I'm not going down that road again unfortunately, someone obviously didn't like it...

But it's just a simple manual install, as per the below image... if this is found difficult, then folks shouldn't be attempting to do it in the first place.

Highlighted
Super User

Your post may have been flagged automatically by the spam checker.  If so, the community manager will release it once it is reviewed.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Cool 20.9.1 is installed now

Thanks a lot @powerarmour