Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi I have a problem with the Intel nuc keybord not working Attach a picture of the problem I hope you help me Thanks Note: The device is new and I try to install Microsoft Windows 10

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. Try to install Windows, following exactly my instructions:
  2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB or greater USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
  3. Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.
  4. With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and press F10 to get Boot Menu.
  5. In this menu, choose UEFI option of you Installation media.
  6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html
  7. In para. 7 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought.
  8. Skip on para. 12 and continue in para. 13. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
  9. Press Next and continue with the installation.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

thank you for your reply

If you start the device directly go to this page

I can't use the keyboard

IMG_7013.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Get a different, wired, keyboard.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

What was the wireless keyboard you were trying to use?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hello @adelkw​ 

1. Let's try to disable the UEFI Shell boot from the Configuration Menu. Please follow my instructions:
  2. Disconnect the Power Adapter and remove the NUC bottom cover.
  3. Disconnect any devices connected to your NUC, including USB HUB. Leave only keyboard and mouse and monitor connected.
  4. Remove the yellow BIOS Security Jumper. See page 41 in Technical Product Specification: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC8i3BE_NUC8i5BE_NUC8i7...
  5. Reconnect the Power Adapter and power ON your NUC.
  6. Your NUC will boot into Configuration Menu (similar to this on the image attached), within 30-60 seconds.
  7. Press F2 to enter BIOS settings.
  8. While in BIOS, press F9 followed by "Y", to set BIOS default and then F10 confirmed by "Y", to save default setting and exit BIOS.
  9. Switch NUC OFF, disconnect the Power Adapter, reinstall BIOS Security Jumper between pins (1-2) and close the bottom cover.
  10. Reconnect the Power Adapter and install Windows according to instructions in my post above.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for your help

The device is currently working in Biso

But unfortunately the boot does not work from usb for windows

h dowanload from microsoft web site

There is a problem in the biso settings, but I do not know the solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. I understand that you now can enter BIOS settings. Did you reset the BIOS settings to default (see para. 8 in my post above). If you didn't do it yet, please do.
  2. The installation media USB should be created Microsoft Media Creation Tool (instead of simply download from Microsoft). Please follow my instruction how to install Windows 10:
  3. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB or greater USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
  4. Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.
  5. With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and press F10 to get Boot Menu.
  6. In this menu, choose UEFI option of you Installation media.
  7. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html
  8. In para. 7 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought.
  9. Skip on para. 12 and continue in para. 13. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
  10. Press Next and continue with the installation.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

what you see

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. In Boot Configuration>Boot Devices disable: Thunderbolt Boot, Optical and Network Boot. Leave only USB enabled
  2. Disconnect all devices including USB HUB from your NUC. Leave only keyboard, mouse and monitor connected.
  3. Insert the installation media USB in rear USB slot. You may also insert the installation USB in the front orange port.
  4. Power ON your NUC and press F10 while you see the F2, F7, F10 menu, NUC will boot into Boot Menu. Put cursor on the UEFI line with your installation USB and press enter.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for your help

You helped me a lot

But nothing worked

thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @adelkw​ 

1. I have communication problem with you. You are writing "But nothing worked". Still I can see that when you started this thread, you couldn't enter BIOS and your NUC have boot into UEFI shell instead. Now you you can enter BIOS settings.
  2. In BIOS I can see that your first bootable device is CORSAIR USB 3.0 Flash Voyager USB flash memory. This probably is your installation media.
  3. I can see the SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus NVMe SSD and Crucial SATA SSD, both recognized in BIOS.
  4. So, what is not working? Did you followed my instructions how to install Windows?
  5. Please ask somebody to help you with English, to explain what is your problem.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Leon

I have applied everything you told me

The problem is currently a black screen and there is no installation for Windows

I have more than one device of the same type and they work good

The problem I expect in BIOS device or motherboard

I'm sorry if my English is weak

Thank you again for your interest in finding solutions

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. You see black screen, when trying to boot from the  CORSAIR USB 3.0 Flash Voyager USB flash memory. However your video signal is OK, since I see the BIOS screen.
  2. Try to boot from this Corsair USB on other computer. Probably will not boot neither.
  3. So, prepare new Installation Media using Microsoft Media Creation Tool and different USB flash memory 8GB - 32GB. Do not use larger than 32GB USB stick.

Leon

0 Kudos