cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSorb
Beginner

How can I achieve line-in audio

NUC Experts

I have a NUC6i5SYH connected to Zone 2 of my Denon AVR-X2300 AV receiver via HDMI.

I want to rip my records and have connected an RCA to 3.5mm to Zone 2 of my receiver.

When I connect the cable into the NUC mic / headphone port, I see a Realtec window open and I choose if Ihave a headset, mic ect. I choose mic.

No sound at all. My connections are ok and zone 2 works. I am using the Intel sound driver released last January. I have tried Stereo Mix and Mic in the Sound section of Control Panel. I use Windows 10.

Is the NUC designed for line-in purposes like this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Red

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello TheRedFerrari,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

In this case, the issue can be related to the 3.5 audio plug from the cable you are using.

Please check the following document for information about the audio subsystem & pinout layout.

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/NUC6i5SYB_NUC6i3SYB_TechProdS... Intel® NUC Board NUC6i5SYB and Intel® NUC Board NUC6i3SYB Technical Product Specification > Page 28 > Item 1.9 "Audio Subsystem".

The 4th pin, "sleeve", belongs to the Audio-in (microphone); therefore, if the audio plug is different to the one you see in the image, the device won't be able to receive/record any audio.

If the plug you have is the same as the one in the document please let me know.

*Bear in mind that the Intel® NUC Board NUC6i5SYB refers to the motherboard installed in the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH; then, the document is applicable to your product.

Hope this information helps.

Please don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
JSorb
Beginner

Juan Carlos

Thanks for your expertise. The plug only has 3 sectiobs and not 4.

I shall buy ths appropriate plug and leg you know if there is a problem.

Red

idata
Community Manager

Hi TheRedFerrari,

You are welcome.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
JSorb
Beginner

Juan Carlos

Still no sound. At least now when I connect the (trrs) cable and select the driver, the volume level graphic turns green but is fully lut like the volume is at100% even though the volume level is at 0. Cable trrs plug is left/right/gnd/mic.

I know my reciver is outputting (tested on on a line in on my Hi-res player rca input).

Have I missed something? Again using any mode on the Realtec driver (mic or stereo mix for eg) does not work.

Thanks

Red

idata
Community Manager

Hi TheRedFerrari,

I am sorry to hear that.

Can you please provide a picture showing the cable (the terminals) you are using to connect the AVR-X2300W to the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH or a link that leads to the cable specifications?

Regards,

Juan Carlos
JSorb
Beginner

idata
Community Manager

Hi TheRedFerrari,

Thank you for the information.

What happens if you connect only the video/mic (yellow) cable to the white or red plug in Zone 2 on your AVR? And disconnect the white and red cables.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
idata
Community Manager

Hello TheRedFerrari,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

If so, please don't hesitate in replying to this post.

Regards,

JC