Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How can I get past the bitlocker screen on my intel Nuc

Hi my first post

I have been having issues since the last update went through I think

At first I was unable to login as my password was coming up incorrect so managed to bypass that and set password up again then the following day it’s now stuck on the enter bitlocker password screen. I don’t know what this is or the recovery key and have never set this up.

how can I get past this as I’m not sure how to troubleshoot it and I need to get in and make sure my work isn’t lost.

any help appreciated

thanks

shabs

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

You cannot get past it if bitlocker is enabled. That is the whole point of encrypting your disk - to stop unauthorized access and protect your data.

There were some posts back six or more months ago of a bug in Windows (1909 I believe) where bitlocker was being turned on without the user's consent. You may want to explore that with Microsoft or search for it on the net. Bitlocker is a Microsoft feature.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for your response

I did speak to Microsoft who didn’t really help and just kept telling me to speak to intel about it

I have had it a few years and never had this problem or knew what bitlocker was. Is there any other way to fix it without losing all my stuff?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

If bitlocker (a microsoft product) really is ON/Enabled, then, no, there is nothing you can do without the password. Bitlocker comes with the OS. It is not provided by Intel.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

More reports of the same condition:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-a-bitlocker-recovery-key-i-never...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encryption-key-recovery/c09668e6-e80...

Did you by any chance have anyone take remote control of your device? Could they have turned it on?

Back in March, there was some talk about SMB3 being linked to this problem. Again, another Microsoft feature.

0 Kudos