Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRick
Beginner

How can I remotely or locally monitor A raid 1setup on a NUC8I7HVK? How will I be notified of a raid 1 failure?

I'm running a raid 1 with two M2 NVME drives.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SRick,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to know exactly how you created the RAID 1, did you create it using Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology or did you create it using Windows Disk Management? 

If you created the RAID with Windows disk management then you could always re-create it using Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology so that you can manage it and check it in the best way; however, make sure to backup your information whenever you make any change to a RAID. 

Refer to the link below in order to get Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology for the specific Intel ® NUC: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28220/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-RAID-for-Windows-10-6...

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

SRick
Beginner

Hi David,

CanI RST be setup to notify me via email or text of a failure?

V/r

Scott

SRick
Beginner

Hi David

I have not setup raid 1 yet. I planned to use the NUC bios to create a dual M.2 NVME raid 1. I did not know a software raid is required in addition to the NUC bios hardware raid. I am looking for the best way to monitor a NUC bios raid, remotely. I want to be notified of a failed M.2 NVME drive as soon as possible. Thanks for our advice.

V/r

Scott

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SRick,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, what we have to monitor the RAID locally is Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology, with the software you can monitor the status as well as turn notifications on so you can get e-mails if there is any negative event.

However, if you are looking for another way then I would like to mention that we only have Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology to do so, you can try looking for a third party solution that perhaps has been tried by a community peer here; nevertheless, from Intel's side we only provide Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation