Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JThor11
Beginner

How do I boot up to the Windows 10 Pro install

When I try to boot up my computer without pressing any buttons it goes straight to the screen saying "A bootable device has not been detected", but when I press F2 or F10 at startup it goes to an Intel NUC screen then shows 3 options of pressing F7 going to BIOS and I believe F10 going to system startup. I think another option is the ESC key going to something else but the screen is on for about 1 second and then goes straight to the screen with "A bootable device has not been detected" showing.

I have a USB drive formatted to fat32 with Windows 10 Pro on it. I've been trying for 2-3 days with no luck.

Bottom line, how do I get the computer to boot up to the USB to load and install Windows?

I'm not sure if I have to do something in BIOS but as mentioned before I'm having difficulty in getting to a BIOS screen.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

JThor11
Beginner

Ok, thanks! I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

MRoss5200
New Contributor III

On another PC, use the "Media Creation Tool" from Microsoft to create a bootable USB drive with the latest Windows 10 on it if needed.

AlHill
Super User

"On another PC, use the "Media Creation Tool" from Microsoft to create a bootable USB drive with the latest Windows 10 on it if needed."

All of this is in the link I provided.

Doc

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JThor11, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Were you able to check Al.Hill's post? Let me know if you need more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JThor11, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation