Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How do I daisy chain 2 thunderbolt hubs?

I have recently discovered a USB C hub that connects to my Thunderbolt port on the NUC7i7BNH. However it's only got an hdmi port, 2 usb ports and an sd card slot. I can daisy chain it with another hub, but there's no other USB C out on it, so can you daisy chain them together and retain the high power transfers?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Anyone there?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Boristhecat,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Communtiy.

Could you please let us know the model of the USB C hub you are referring to?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi, It's unbranded. It's USB C to hdmi, 2x usb3 ports, sd and tf ports.

However the model is slightly irrelevant, I'm just wondering how you daisy chain them? Do they all need a USB C socket in order to daisy chain?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Fat lot of good this useless forum is. "Buy our stuff but fuck off if you have a problem, we don't care!"

Thanks Intel for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello /thread/119338 Boristhecat,

You can connect up to 6 Thunderbolt devices (daisy chain) without losing performance/speed but you probably knew this already. I cannot make any recommendation regarding third party Thunderbolt hubs as I don't really know anything about them, I would assume that if the manufacturer says that they can be daisy chained, they should also be able to tell you if the performance is not affected, I don't have an answer for that that as it is a product we know nothing about. I am sorry that I am not being really helpful.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos