Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDign
Beginner

How do I install the latest graphics drivers on NUC7i7BNH running Windows 10?

My computer is having an issue where system will run at 100%, and the display will not wake back up. I wrote a script to run xperf when this happens (can't remote desktop in) and the resulting etl file indicates that all the time is going in igdkm64.sys. So ensuring I have the latest graphics driver installed seems like a good first step in trying to resolve the issue.

I have an Intel driver installed, 23.20.16.4944. The Driver support Assistant claims I have a 'customized computer manufacturer driver'. If I download the latest, 25.20.100.6519, it claims it's 'not validated for this computer'. Do Intel not support drivers for their NUC's ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Starting with build 6444, the intel HD graphics drivers are in DCH form. In order to install a DCH driver, you need to use the following manual process:

1. Download the driver installer to your NUC's System Drive. Do not attempt to install.
  2. Disconnect the NUC from the Internet. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless.
  3. Uninstall the current Intel HD Graphics driver from the Apps and Features Settings scene.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Install the DCH driver using the installer downloaded previously.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Reconnect to the Internet.
  8. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

DDign
Beginner

Thx Scott,

new driver installed, here's hoping system stability is restored :-)

--

Dan