Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LHodg
Novice

How does NUC know which monitor to boot from?

Jump to solution

Machine: NUC8i7HVK

Bios: latest

I have 4 monitors connected. How does my machine decide which monitor to display boot up information on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello LHodg Thank you for the information. Have you trying verifying if the display in question has the option to change the screen orientation? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Why, the first one, of course!

[Sorry, I couldn't help myself. If ever there was a prompt for a one-liner, there it was.]

The answer is - it isn't identified. The historical BIOS parameter that was used to specify this (or Auto) is not supported in the HN BIOS. The Technical Product Specification does not mention this either. I am querying the support and development teams for this information...

...S

Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello all Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Looking into the BIOS options available and the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HV Technical Product Specification there is no specification to the display use to display the boot up information. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
LHodg
Novice

The only reason I asked really is because I use three displays, one of which I use in portrait mode.

So no prizes for guessing which display the NUC decides to boot up on, lol.

So when I enter the Visual BIOS I am fighting with a display at 90 degrees, and a mouse cursor that doesn't understand that.

Guess I'll just have to turn that monitor off if I want to go BIOSing.... :)

Cheers,

Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello LHodg Thank you for the information. Have you trying verifying if the display in question has the option to change the screen orientation? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

LHodg
Novice

Yes! That's a good point. I can rotate the display using the monitor's menu system. Thank you.