Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALópe1
Beginner

How to dismount a Skull Canyon NUC? (thermal paste replacement)

Hi!

I want to disassemble my NUC kit but it can be a bit tricky as I read from some reviews. To make things worse, I couldn´t find a good guide/tutorial on the net (only the teardown).

So a little guidance would be appreciated...

I gave it a try, removed both lids, fan and metal frame screws but regarding pushing the motherboard to extract it I´m stuck and too afraid to damage the wiring or circuitry if I press too hard. The board gets slightly uplifted but only from the side facing the front panel. Any steps to proceed accordingly?

the only pushing point available is the board visible under the metal frame and pulling from the fan. Does the power button wire gets in the way?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Khan_81

Thank you for joining the community.

Allow me to share with you that we do not recommend to disassemble the unit due to that would void the warranty of the product. Could you let us know what kind of issue are you having with the unit?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Khan_81

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

ALópe1
Beginner

Ok, it´s done now, I didn´t take the surrounding black frame into account. Once its removed (uplifting it carefully), the dissasembly proccess isn´t a big deal anymore. Thanks the reddit guy who gave me the hint.