Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

How to fix error on Intel Graphics - Windows 10 DCH Drivers for Intel NUC?

My Intel NUC7PJYH1 has received this error on 26-April-2020 that says: "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."

The manufacturer for this NUC7PJYH1 is without doubt is Intel itself. Intel Driver and Support Assistant has recommended this update to my graphic driver which is Intel UHD 605. This driver will receive the Windows 10 DCH Driver update because it is included in the list of driver to receive that supposed update. I wonder why it isn't install in my Intel NUC7PJYH1 and has that above-mentioned error.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Same issue with my NUC8i5BEH. Here is a link to others affected; forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006wGqISAU

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

There is no need to post on multiple threads. Worry not, the Intel support engineers will see your other post.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello TCCGeek

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please confirm the following information?

1- Have you tried a different method than Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) to update the graphics driver? For instance, by downloading it directly from the download center website? The latest customized graphics driver for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7PJYH is version 26.20.100.7985.

2- Intel® DSA version:

3- What is the graphics driver version that Intel® DSA is offering?

4- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

4.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

4.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

4.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

4.4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Good day, AndrewG_Intel. Thanks for your response. I have tried what you have told me and have faced the same problem with my Intel NUC8i5BEH1 today. I have updated my Windows 10 PC both NUC7PJYH1 and NUC8i5BEH1. I did install and run the Intel System Support Utility on NUC7PJYH1 today and would like to submit this as attached file. If this issue will be solved on NUC7PJYH1 and consequently my NUC8i5BEH1 will also be [in the near future]. Shalom!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello TCCGeek

Thank you for your response.

Based on your reply, we understand that running the driver graphics installer is not able to update the driver. If this is correct, we would like to recommend a clean install of the graphics to see if this solves the problem, please follow these steps:

1-  Download the Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers for Intel® NUC, version 26.20.100.7985, and save it on the computer.

2- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.

3- Uninstall any DCH graphics driver from Windows® >> Apps & Features.

4-  Restart the computer.

5-  Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" >> if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.

6- If the adapter continues to be listed as "Intel UHD Graphics" or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under "Programs and Features" for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:

6.1- Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'

6.2- In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.

6.3- Click on 'Uninstall'.

6.4- Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1 through 6.4 until the device gets listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

7- Install the DCH driver that was downloaded in step 1.

8- Restart the computer.

9- Reconnect to the Internet.

10- If needed, download the Intel® Graphics Command Center from the Microsoft Store.

Note:

If you may also try these steps for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH1, its customized driver can download it from this link:

Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers for Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH.

Should you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Highlighted
New Contributor I

Thank you, Andrew G. I have updated my Intel UHD Graphics 605 to the latest version following your instructions to have it installed manually. I have attached here a screenshot of the updated Intel UHD Graphics 605 via Intel DSA. As per advice from you, I will try this method on my Intel NUC8i5BEH1 afterwards. More thanks to you and Intel.

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Same as in forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006wGqISAU, see below my recommendation:

I would recommend the following options to resolve this issue (it is actually the same driver that I am recommending but two different update methods in case the "easy one" fails :

1- Try driver 8141: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29530/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939 this driver should resolve the driver ID conflict 

2- If running driver version 8141 via the regular installation procedure doesn't resolve this issue or cannot be installed and have the same error message, try the “have disk” method: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

I hope this helps and please report back to the community.

Thanks,

Ronny G

Highlighted

Hello TCCGeek

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know you were able to update the graphics driver and hopefully the steps provided will also help with the update processor for your other Intel® NUC. 

Should you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Good day, AndrewG_Intel. Yesterday while trying to update Windows 10 on Intel NUC7PJYH1, Microsoft tried to download the earlier version of the DCH Driver of Intel UHD Graphics 605 version 26.20.100.7529. What I did was to disconnect from the WiFi and do the Windows Update Cleanup. Now, I didn’t try to click on the Windows Update so that the outdated Windows DCH Driver will not be installed on my Intel NUC7PJYH1. Any views why Windows 10 tried to installed the outdated driver contrary to the manufacturer’s [Intel] driver provider? Hence, it’s not Intel's prerogative only but also Microsoft; and it remains to be solved later on the next Windows 10 updates.
Highlighted
Super User

Go to control panel, devices and printer, right-click on the PC, device installation settings, and just say NO.

Then install 8141, After the reboot, WU will not revert to 7529.

Doc

Highlighted
New Contributor I

Thanks for the advice.
Highlighted
Novice

I managed to update the driver to 8141 but Windows Update revert it back to 7529. Any solution for this?

Highlighted
New Contributor I

Good day, KenChan. As what I've experienced on this driver error, you need to install manually the graphics driver by following AndrewG_Intel instructions on how to clean install the latest DCH driver manually on your PC. Please follow the post by AndrewG_intel on his answer about this issue last April 29 post. Secondly, the advice of Al.Hill is very important of turning the No button on Device Installation Settings so that Windows Update will not update the manufacturer apps. Please follow his advice: Go to control panel, devices and printer, right-click on the PC, device installation settings, and just say NO.

Then install 8141, After the reboot, WU will not revert to 7529.

Highlighted
Novice

Many thanks to TCCGeek, I checked the No button on Device installation setting and reinstall 8141, Windows Update did not revert the drive back to 7529 this time. Cheers!