Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

How to fix many USB power surge messages per day?

Jump to solution

My Nuc is 7i5BNK with latest drivers and BIOS. I get a system icon in Windows 10 that brings a message about USB power surge that I should reset. This happens many times per day. And started just few days ago after two years.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

This is typically an indication of a bad USB cable, a bad USB device, or a physically damaged (shorting) USB socket. Unplug all USB devices except keyboard and mouse and test again.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

This is typically an indication of a bad USB cable, a bad USB device, or a physically damaged (shorting) USB socket. Unplug all USB devices except keyboard and mouse and test again.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello SJo001

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello Andrew. After removing all passive usb cables that were hooked to the monitor -- the problem vanished. Maybe one of the usb ports was indeed shorting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello SJo001

Thank you for your response and for sharing the outcome of the steps you followed by removing all passive USB cables from the monitor (as n.scott.pearson suggested) and we are glad to know that the problem vanished. Should you have additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos